Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

87 CRB Hurricane Going Streetfighter(need help)

Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Default 87 CRB Hurricane Going Streetfighter(need help)

So Here is what I got.

https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/gpa1nr...2020%20PM.jpeg

https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/dzdwmd...2032%20PM.jpeg

Posting Links as opposed to images because lord they are HUGE.

Anyway, I inherited this bike from a former flatmate and planned to rebuild it and go street fighter with it. I've done all the engine work, but Im stuck with the Instrument panel and lights. I spoke to someone at a salvage yard, I think I know what I'm going to do with the lights. But i want to be rid of the huge Instrument panel. Poking around the forum in hopes someone can reccomend A digital panel that does speed/rpms as well as the other important lights, engine/signals/neutral light. I've been pulling my beard out trying to find something compatible but searches seem impossible online. Can anybody help?!

To reiterate what is in the subject, the bike is an 87 Hurricane, so I'm assuming I've posted in the right place. I thank you fine gents and possible ladies for any assist in this maddening matter.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

koso gauges are nice fighter gauges, they're a lil expensive, but they're real nice.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM

I agree with the kosos, ive been looking at the bottom one on the linked page. Seems to offer a lot at a decent price and a small size.

XPO StreetFighter, Inc. Store - Product Catalog

Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 AM

Hey mates, Thanks ! They are pricey, wow! But the cost seems to be well worth it, especially if it removes all the bulk at the front of the bike.

It'll be a few weeks but I'll be sure to post the pictures when the bike is done, with any luck- with the new instrument panel. Thanks again!

Old 09-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

any other plans other than gauges?

Old 09-13-2011, 12:01 PM

None quite yet until after I get it up and running! other than a paint job and updating some of the lights. Once I know a little more about the motor I will start looking into any mods I can make there, hah.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Default Seating Arrangments

Its been a while since I've updated this bit. So I've ordered a new instrument panel, going digital and seeing how that goes, though Im likely to get a seperate tachometer because I don't trust digital readouts on that. I prose a new question, I want to put a more comfortable seat on, I've seen a few different weld jobs from various posters. So I want to know what's reccomended and a good place to find salvage parts for such a project. Many thanks!

Old 10-05-2011, 03:06 AM

which gauges did you go with? i just ordered a tt vapor, cant wait for it to come. I was gonna go with the koso xr-sr but all the reviews seem to say the digital tach is a lil laggy.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:49 AM

Koso DB-01R Multi-Function Electronic Speedometer - BikeBandit.com this is the one I went with. As for the tach, While Im going Analog I havent decided which I want- it'd be nice to spend under $100 for one but not having luck on any of my searches, though im sure it'll be quality over price anyway.