Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

1k questions!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Default 1k questions!

I plan to build another street fighter bike soon and have some questions. I built an 03 f4i and loved it but wanna step up. Will the 1k fit on an f4i frame? Swing arm? I have parts left from the other build and wanna get it perfect this time.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

No idea if it will or not. I searched for it - all I got were a few guys asking if a 1krr motor would fit in an F4i frame. So I don't know if it's ever been done before.

That's pretty ambitious of a build though (obviously you know that). If you're going to try to do it - I would try to find a vendor on Ebay or someone who has a 1000rr motor out of their bike, who can take measurements for you. I'd look for space between the engine mounts (if they're even in the same orientation), and then overall dimensions to figure out if it's feasible or not.

It'd be badass if you could do it. But the badass factor is entirely because it's never been done before and completely off the wall! So before spending any money - figure out whether or not it's even possible.

It's funny you mention putting a 1000rr motor in there though - I found a 1000rr motor in my area (kind of) a couple of days ago. The guy just wanted it gone and didn't want to deal with shipping. He was asking....get this... $300 for a completely running engine. I almost went and got it for the hell of it.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:26 AM

Where are you from exactly? And I may be mistaken, but do the f4i and 600rr bikes not share the same frame? Just different suspension and body pieces? Only reason I would choose the f4i is because of the positioning of the rear sets. I'm 6-4 so I like to have my knees down a little more.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

Eastern NC.

I'm not sure on the frames exactly. I would think they're pretty different. And just a quick search on google shows that a lot of stunt guys prefer the f4i frame and f4i motor because of strength and durability (and they seem to dislike the 600rr frame)

As far as your height - move the seat up a couple of inches and you'll get some more control and comfort from the bike.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
Eastern NC.

I'm not sure on the frames exactly. I would think they're pretty different. And just a quick search on google shows that a lot of stunt guys prefer the f4i frame and f4i motor because of strength and durability (and they seem to dislike the 600rr frame)

As far as your height - move the seat up a couple of inches and you'll get some more control and comfort from the bike.
yeah I think the frames are different the F4i is a more relaxed position. Sitting on my 2001 F4i feels a lot different than my buddies 2009 600RR. Then again it could be the difference is years or just little differences like handlebar placement and rearset position, which can be easily changed.