Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

1990 cbr 600 f1

Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
How the smurf do you buy a running bike for 100 dollars!!! Jealous!
Yeah I got lucky. She wasn’t quite a runner when I got it but my friend hooked me up.

Originally Posted by crazie929
It's looking good . I'd stick with th handles u have now but its only cuz I'm not a fan of dirty bars. I'd go with th urban or 7in light. Maybe some projectors?
My only issues with the headlights ive been looking at is that replacement bulbs are kind of hard to find or they are awkward sizes

Originally Posted by Zachy72
how much would you be willing to sell that piece that went above the stock headlight for?
If you’re talking about the upper faring and the wind screen, I don’t think any ones going to want them. They are held primarily together with ducktape and large parts of them are missing.

Originally Posted by Conrice
that's the best part. it's so simple. you just replace the entire front end. and if yours is in good condition, people will pay good money for your functional forks.

all you have to do is find a front end that fits the neck and collar on the frame. steering stem needs to be the same length and then the bearings have to fit.

and you're done.
So im assuming ill be able to find that info for my bike in my manual, and once I find that info what is a good way to find what bikes match that? Besides google?

Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Th good thing about modding ur bike is that u don't have to stick to OEM parts. I recently fightered my 929. OEM asks for H7 bulbs I believe but since I converted to a single head lamp, I had to switch to an H4 bulb and connector so I could still have Lo n hi beam. Th H4 is 3 pronged while th H7 is 2.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 03-07-2012, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by crazie929
Th good thing about modding ur bike is that u don't have to stick to OEM parts. I recently fightered my 929. OEM asks for H7 bulbs I believe but since I converted to a single head lamp, I had to switch to an H4 bulb and connector so I could still have Lo n hi beam. Th H4 is 3 pronged while th H7 is 2.
i haven’t put too much effort in to looking at lights right now but it was 51 this morning and the snow is melting so I should get on it. Are H4 bulbs quite common? The only reason im concerned is because ive seen people have issues with the reliability and with finding replacement bulbs on the super china brand lights.

Originally Posted by Conrice
You are a god! That is an incredible resource, do you know of any project logs or wright ups that have some good detail about swapping front ends? I would love to read up on it a little more.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 AM

Your uncle works on trains? Like real ones or model trains? They're a HUGE hobby of mine. Dumped more into those little bugger than all 9 motorcycles I own!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by GarrettSR5
Your uncle works on trains? Like real ones or model trains? They're a HUGE hobby of mine. Dumped more into those little bugger than all 9 motorcycles I own!
He did have a very cool model set, in fact he gave me one when I was much younger because I was so fascinated with his. But he started life as a auto mechanic and 5 years ago he changed careers and became a electrician for BNSF

Old 03-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tec_

You are a god! That is an incredible resource, do you know of any project logs or wright ups that have some good detail about swapping front ends? I would love to read up on it a little more.
it's all good. its really simple. the whole triple tree thing has not changed in a VERY long time - in fact, it's never really changed. all you'd have to do there is find conversion bearings, and then it'd be a direct swap.

jack bike up. you loosen triple nut and pinch bolts. take the triple off. then you'll have to undo the special nut that holds the stem on there. its usually 2 nuts with a locking washer. the front end can literally be lowered away now from the bike.

of course you have to undo the cables and all of that first (clutch, throttle, wiring, etc.) but it's that easy

Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tec_
i haven’t put too much effort in to looking at lights right now but it was 51 this morning and the snow is melting so I should get on it. Are H4 bulbs quite common? The only reason im concerned is because ive seen people have issues with the reliability and with finding replacement bulbs on the super china brand lights.
yea H4 are very common. and the conversion is super easy. i plan on getting a bright white bulb eventually. i don't care much for HID.