Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

02 954 Fighter.. Tell me what you think

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 954 Fighter.. Tell me what you think

I bought this bike in the ghetto. It was beat up pretty bad. Rusted tank, holes in the tires, wires all over, completely dead battery, cracked tail/brake light, and the list goes on... The guy obviously didn't know what he had though. I talked him down on the bike to where he had to take the cash. I'll just say I payed less than 2000. Well after working hard all winter, repairing the tank, changing the tires, changing the sprockets, figuring out which wires go where, a new battery, and how the hell to get the turn signals to actually flash.. I had a good bike. Just listening to it run and rev scared me a little to be honest. I ran into a speed bump with the title on the bike, which was in a previous post. I quickly resolved that problem. And today I was flying up a winding hill, breathing the fresh air, and loving every minute! I am currently looking for a new tail fairing, and I am in the process of getting a new radiator, but I am still able to ride for the time being.

Attached Thumbnails 02 954 Fighter.. Tell me what you think-bike2.jpg   02 954 Fighter.. Tell me what you think-bike.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 01:47 AM

It's on its way. My 929 was th same way when I bought it. With some elbow grease an love these bikes make great fighters. Keep up th good work.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

gotta love 954s. looks like you're on your way, whatchya doing with the tail? i love the dual 4"s

Old 05-26-2012, 07:21 PM

Looks great. I love the sticker. I just recently got my first bike. It's abused, but I have the ability to put her back together. I want to go in the street fighter direction, but I can not find a decent place to source parts! Can you point me in the right direction?

I'm used to going to Summit and Jegs... Not so easy for a 93 900rr.

Can't wait to see some more pics. Keep up the good work!

Chris

Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by CFinch
Looks great. I love the sticker. I just recently got my first bike. It's abused, but I have the ability to put her back together. I want to go in the street fighter direction, but I can not find a decent place to source parts! Can you point me in the right direction?

I'm used to going to Summit and Jegs... Not so easy for a 93 900rr.

Can't wait to see some more pics. Keep up the good work!

Chris
Ronayers.com for OEM parts.
Ebay for everything else.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by crazie929
Ronayers.com for OEM parts.
Ebay for everything else.
truth

Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 AM

yup ebay was my best friend. I tried mymotorbikeparts.com... DON'T USE THIS SITE. I waited 44 of the 45 days before you can file a dispute with paypal to say you haven't gotten your product. I emailed the company on the 44th day, and they said that they had just gotten that part back from customs that day. hmmm. Then they said it had come all the way here, but I wasn't home so it was sent back to China. Then I said I wanted my money back ($132 with free shippping) and they told me they wanted me to pay for the shipping. I said no way. then they said they would give me $85 back. I said I'm not paying you $47 to argue with me.. Give me my money. Then they said they would give me $100. It didn't matter because PayPal took the money and gave it back haha. Now I am in need of a rear tail fairing, and a new radiator. The rubber on the clutch cable melted to the radiator...

Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 AM

so are you wanting to keep a 954 tail on there?

Old 05-28-2012, 06:53 AM

For now I definitely am. I'm probably not going to break it back down until winter. My plan is to get it all cleaned up and blacked out.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:29 AM

fleabay should get you a pretty nice one

Quick Reply: 02 954 Fighter.. Tell me what you think