South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

N. Georgia peeps... June 14th memorial ride for my buddy Paul

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default N. Georgia peeps... June 14th memorial ride for my buddy Paul

Some of you might remember my buddy from work (Paul Beason) who got killed on the 1st of May while riding his 900RR to work that morning. Pauls family is planning on having a memorial ride/BBQ/fundraiser on June 14th. Paul was 32 years old and left behind a wife a 2 young boys, ages 6 and 9. As far as I (we) know, he did not have a life insurance policy, so things are pretty rough for his wife and kids right now.

The official plans are still in the works, and I'll update as I get more info, but as of now we'll be meeting somewhere in Loganville. The route I'm not sure but we'll be making a stop by the accident scene (Hwy 81 & Lee Byrd Rd in Loganville) to leave a roadside memorial, then heading to a park for the BBQ. We were originally going to go to Fort Yargo State Park in Winder for the cookout, but I believe they want to have that somewhere else now. Again I'll update with the specifics later as I get them. But that's the plan as of now..... it would be great if we could get a decent turnout.

Cost is $20 per rider, $10 per passenger. All proceeds, after funding the food for the BBQ, will go directly to Pauls wife to help them out some. It may not be a ton, but every little bit helps

Anybody that can join and help out, the more the better