South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

MD and nearby states.......take a look!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MD and nearby states.......take a look!

Maryland International Raceway is having a full day of sportbike racing and a bike show. The event is on JULY 29st (A SUNDAY). I'd like to set something up for anyone who's interested to meet up and ride down together. if you want to know how far you are (from where i'd like to meet everyone at) mapquest Solomons Island MD, 20688.

I am trying to spread the word locally but i cant guarentee 4 bikes showing up or 34 bikes showing up. i CAN guarentee two bikes, hahaha.....me and td3692.i'd just like to try and get the word out and get as many riders as possible to meet up and have a large group ride to MIR (from Solomons Island its about a 1hr ride).

depending on how many people respond to this, i'll get more specific as to what exactly they are having there besides racing and a time to meet up.

i hope to hear back from some local riders (i know not alot of members live in MD) and being able to meet up and put a face to a name.

-Jason

Solomons Island, Maryland is located on State Route 2 in Solomons, Calvert County, Southern Maryland, twenty miles south of Prince Frederick.

From Washington, D.C. - Take State Route 4 east from the Washington Beltway to State Route 2-4 to Solomons.
From Baltimore - Take Interstate 97 south from the Baltimore Beltway, to State Route 3 and U.S. Route 301 south to State Route 4. Continue south/east to State Route 2-4 to Solomons.
You can also take I-97 south to the Aris T. Allen Boulevard exit (Route 665), then follow signs for Solomons Island, Route 2 South. Go south on Route 2, following signs for Prince Frederick. Route 2 will join with Route 4 - make a left from Route 2 onto Route 2-4 south. Follow Route 2-4 south/east to Solomons.
From Richmond - Take U.S. route 301 north into Maryland, then State Route 234 east to State Route 5, south on State Route 5 passing Leonardtown, left on State Route 4 across the Thomas Johnson Bridge (lower Patuxent River Bridge) to State Route 2 at east end of the bridge.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Default RE: MD and nearby states.......take a look!

I'm local to MiR. I'll see if I can put that date on my calendar to watch some straightaway racing.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM

to me its more about checking out everyone's bike and having a SPORTBIKE group ride (i see nothing but harley's around here). so spread the word jaybird. i'd really like this to grow and get a large amount of people.

thanks bro!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:16 AM

BUMP!

http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/schedule/c...7/07-07-29.htm

Old 07-03-2007, 04:08 PM

for whoever is interested, i plan on meeting in Solomons Island at 10am and having a hour or so to meet/greet, checking out bikes and what not. leave around 11 and have a hour group ride to MIR. i have AROUND 8 bikes locally that plan to go, possibly more. whoever is interested, they are MORE than welcome to come. the more....the merrier.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:52 PM

Okay. I'd like to do the group ride, but I live closer to MiR. I hope I have my bike back by next weekend. Anyone have a tank that isn't leaking????

Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Correction: the event is on the 29th. Hell I just may show up in my cage.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:00 PM

so far i have ATLEAST 20 bikes that are showing up in Solomons at 10am.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:04 PM

I doubt I'll make Solomon's but it's looking like MiR may happen. (fingers crossed) Look out for me: Flat black F4i No graphics, yellow rear seat with 27 on back.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:58 PM

Bike will not be there, but I will still try and make it.
Black BMW 530i

Quick Reply: MD and nearby states.......take a look!