Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

YouTube copyright stuff

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:40 AM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YouTube copyright stuff

If you ever use a song in your video and find out it will not play on cell phone, here is what you do. This worked for my video

1) Go to "My Videos".
2) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, click on the "Matched Third Party Content".
3) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
4) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

6) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name where it asks for it. Choose "Continue" when all information has been filled out.
7) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".

Within 2-3 minutes, you can go back to edit page and go all the way down to syndication. You should be able to click on enable your video to play on mobile device thing

Old 02-04-2012, 05:18 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

there is a lot of crap going on on the net all over the world, a lot of servers straight up shot down do to copy rights.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:37 PM
August 2011 ROTM

They blocked it to be played in certain countries again. So I am stickig with indie music to add to my videos fro now