Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WTF!

ORIGINAL: MuSiC

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

The reason high speed chases become high speed chases...is because the cops comprehension of danger assessment sucks, someone runs...and you have the plate number, let them go, get them a few hours later or the next day. And if you couldn't get the plate number and this person whether on a bike or in a car got away...tough ****, there are too many chases that escalate to what they need not to. triple digit speeds through residential areas....wtf its obvious the person will do whatever to get away...including endanger others...unless they killed someone or some other vicious crime like that...let them escape, catch them another time
agreed
WHAT????

A plate number? Are you kidding me!? You actually think that they only need the plate number to arrest someone of committing an offense/crime?? What if the owner of the bike lent it to his friend to ride? Are we going to arrest the owner 2 hours later because thats what came up from the plate number? WHAT IF THE BIKE WAS STOLEN????? Are we just going to say "oh, well we got the plate numbers and "someone" was riding it, and since it's registered in your name, so you are under arrest."

DO YOU REALIZE HOW ILLOGICAL YOUR STATEMENT IS?

Come on guy's, I know he's a fellow rider, but he's the one that makes our insurance rates sky rocket, why police harass us, and why we have such a tarnished image in the eyes of the public. You don't want to be bashed off your bike, don't freaking run......it's so simple.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At first, I was shocked that police would use this kind of force and a little bit angered...

But then, I realized something..... what if this happened on my street? where my kids play, my wife walks our child down the road. It really made me think twice about the thoughts of the "bad police". This chase was obviously happening for some time as other cops were involved... so I say the guy had plenty of time to pull over and do the right thing. He decided to take it to a populated area... thats his choice... his choice to endanger everyone else. Wouldnt we want the cops to take the same action if someone was waving a gun around? I mean, should they really wait to take the guy out.. wait for him to shoot someone?? I say No..drop the sack of crap before he hurts someone. there was no easy wayto stop the guy and he knew it. The rider didnt care who was in his way or if he hurt someone else.

He got up and looked to be ok.. so **** on him. Hopefully they make him pay for the police cruiser.

Dont feel sorry for the crashed rider.. He's not a rider in book. just because he's on a bike doesnt make him a fellow rider.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox
What if the owner of the bike lent it to his friend to ride? Are we going to arrest the owner 2 hours later because thats what came up from the plate number? WHAT IF THE BIKE WAS STOLEN????? Are we just going to say "oh, well we got the plate numbers and "someone" was riding it, and since it's registered in your name, so you are under arrest."
I guess... But how often is that? Also I like to think if your the owner of a bike and lending it out to your friend, you are responsible for anything he does if you dont want to rat out your friend. Stolen though, I guess is hard to argue...

ORIGINAL: justasquid
But then, I realized something..... what if this happened on my street? where my kids play, my wife walks our child down the road. It really made me think twice about the thoughts of the "bad police".
My opinion has officially been changed! Good perspective sir! Take his *** down! [sm=devilangel.gif]

Old 08-18-2008, 09:03 AM

I would never, ever, be a cop not even for a day. My life is worth more than the money they are going to pay me to "protect" citizens. People will hate you regardless, people will not respect you, and if you work in the wrong area...people will shoot at and try to kill you under the right circumstances, i'm sorry but i'll take my chances else where. Justa you brought up the point of what if it happened on a street where your kid(s) are playing...its a valid point...but it didn't happen like that and God forbid it actually do. But its not going to change my mind on what i think of pigs because 10 good actions from cops still doesn't recover for one stupid *** one. Like one neighborhood over from where i live...cops tazr'd a man until he DIED and the cop returned to work the next ****ing day, the FBI gets involved...cop is still at work...this is the 3rd time the same borough has been under federal scrutiny for unacceptable amounts of force.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...25/detail.html
I even had a run in with the same officer when i was a minor and remember him pushing me off my feet after he walked up on me and said "your in my personal space"...

Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 AM

I dont know where you live. But it seems like youv had nothing but bad impressions from cops. They arn't bad people, they are just another Joe who wants to make a difference in the world. Some of them have what I like to call "Little Man Syndrome" where he was a little guy pushed around in highschool and now hes got all this power and power trippen(This happens a lot in the Marine Corps).

But for the most part they arn't all crazy sell outs. They have a job to do, uphold the law, how can you get mad at them for that? Just like we in the military have a job to fight for our country and take and carry out any and all orders from our Chief of Command, the President of the United States of America. It's no different, the police just fight for their country...in their own country.

Some police officers yeah, they have gone too far, or maybe made a wrong decision. But they ARE human, and people make mistakes. Tellme you wont make a mistake as a police officer? Even the military has it's crazies. Are you going to hate the entire military because of that one guy that shot and killed 10 innocent iraq civilians?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: MuSiC

I dont know where you live. But it seems like youv had nothing but bad impressions from cops. They arn't bad people, they are just another Joe who wants to make a difference in the world. Some of them have what I like to call "Little Man Syndrome" where he was a little guy pushed around in highschool and now hes got all this power and power trippen(This happens a lot in the Marine Corps).

But for the most part they arn't all crazy sell outs. They have a job to do, uphold the law, how can you get mad at them for that? Just like we in the military have a job to fight for our country and take and carry out any and all orders from our Chief of Command, the President of the United States of America. It's no different, the police just fight for their country...in their own country.

Some police officers yeah, they have gone too far, or maybe made a wrong decision. But they ARE human, and people make mistakes. Tell me you wont make a mistake as a police officer? Even the military has it's crazies. Are you going to hate the entire military because of that one guy that shot and killed 10 innocent iraq civilians?
Music, bingo, the only way i could stop hating police, is if one saved my life....or a loved ones life, and even then....i would only not hate him.
I haven't lived in what people call the ghetto but where i live has went downhill for years...i don't have a way out now so i have to deal with it...i just wish local LEO's had to live here also...then maybe they would get the hell up and do something about the two drug houses within 6 houses in either direction from my front door