Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Second gear wheelie video after a hour.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second gear wheelie video after a hour.

After 4 days, devoting 15-20 minutes to attempting 2nd gear sit downs, here is what I done tonight. Thanks to everyone who gave me pointers! I LOVE IT! No where near perfect, but at least I know now it WILL come up! The first four wheelies was a first gearer, sorry.

http://media.putfile.com/Just-Wheelies
http://media.putfile.com/Sept-14th-2006

Old 09-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Default RE: Second gear wheelie video after a hour.

wow man you are really getting good! im impressed! a few of those were REALLY good! nice job man! keep up the practice and youl be able to hold em as long as you want!

Old 09-15-2006, 03:07 AM

Thats decent bro Youve got more skills than me AND better roads (as far as curves go)... Im jealous [>:]

Old 09-15-2006, 06:47 AM

Lookin good man, but some more pointers---From the sound of it you are kind of letting off pulling in the clutch and then reving it and letting out the clutch, but in one motion. Instead of doing it like you are, try just going about 5500rpms (or where you are normally clutching it) and slip the clutch, just turn the throttle a little while you have the clutch in and see how that works. Its alot smoother like that for me

Keep it up

-Jesse-

Old 09-15-2006, 11:54 PM

Humm, do you have different sprockets?? mine will in first gear like that.......BUT Second, 7-8grand like that......Mine won't....

Old 09-16-2006, 10:34 AM

Yeah, it is all stock. Exhaust and all. I did not think mine would either, but after I figured out what I was doing wrong, it is very easy. I was letting off the throttle as I let of the clutch, instead of after it engages, throttle even harder.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000cbrf4

Yeah, it is all stock. Exhaust and all. I did not think mine would either, but after I figured out what I was doing wrong, it is very easy. I was letting off the throttle as I let of the clutch, instead of after it engages, throttle even harder.
I think I do that same thing, letting off the throttle, because I'm too afraid to do a backflip on my bike. I do KNOW that it can wheelie though because I've done one before trying to show off and it was scary since I had no idea it was going to happen! haha I wish I could rid myself of the fear of trashing my brand new 06 and just keep attempting til I get it but $8500 is a lot of money.

Mike

I want to learn how to do wheelies soooo bad they look so fun and when I did mine afterwards I was like DAMN THAT WAS AWESOME! =(

Old 09-18-2006, 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: CMHGUY

Humm, do you have different sprockets?? mine will in first gear like that.......BUT Second, 7-8grand like that......Mine won't....
Different bikes...

Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Different bikes...

yea but you would think an RR would do it way easier than an f41..... huh?

Old 09-19-2006, 02:06 AM

yea but you would think an RR would do it way easier than an f41..... huh?
Read up on your bike and you'll know why it's more difficult...the RR is designed to be planted on the ground...

Quick Reply: Second gear wheelie video after a hour.