Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

wrecked new bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wrecked new bike

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

Who cares if it has the most "state-of-the-art parts" on it if it breaks into 3 pieces if you crash it. I have seen some pics of 2 zx10s hitting head on at 70+ (each rider was going about 70) and both bikes were still in one piece for the most part (frame/forks/and such) and kawasaki's have a pretty weak frame, ask any stunter who rides a kawi. Now if you hit a guard rail at XX speed the bike should not come apart like that IMHO thats what you call poor engineering or workmanship. I hate yamaha though so I'm kind of bias (sp) I guess. If its not a Honda or Suzuki you better leave it in the garage or on the showroom floor cause its a piece of junk

-Jesse-
dude chill out yamaha's are good bikes...

Old 07-24-2006, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

javscbr please tell me that avatar is photoshoped, if not D-D-D-DAMN!
don't know if it's phoshopped or not, found it on the web

Old 07-24-2006, 10:53 PM

Yah really, these bikes are meant to be ridden not crashed. If those are your standards then they havent made a good car since the 70's. Gixxers have a pretty weak frame too as far as crashing goes but as long as you keep the bike on 2 wheels you will never have a problem.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: mjflagg

If thats a new R6, those are the most state-of-the-art forks put on a factory sportbike so far. Ours has three different adjustments per side, 06 R6 has four. (correct me if I'm wrong, 'cause I saw it on a show) What a waste! He could have rode it 17 miles, loaded it up on a trailer and dropped it off at my house.... it would have been less painful ;P

he could have loaded it up took it back and traded it for a honda!! then mabie it would only have scratches instead of torn apart LOL

Old 07-25-2006, 09:39 AM

Hey excuse me for having an opinion on here, everyone else has one. I stated mine so don't start flaming me. And why tell me to chill out? Do you think I was yelling that or something? Did you see alot of caps and exclamation points? Whatever, I still say that yamahas are junk like it or not. Thats my opinion thats why I included the IMHO (In My Honest Opinion) in my above coment.

CBRCorey, they haven't really made a good car since the 70's LOL. I know that these bikes are suppost to be riden and not crashed, but that bike shouldn't have come apart like that. But I really don't know how fast he was going or anything, but if the kid walked away without being too bad off it wasn't that fast.

-Jesse-

Old 07-25-2006, 05:53 PM

+1

Old 08-13-2006, 05:08 AM

well first off, thats not the engine! that would be the throtle bodies and the airbox! and i dont think the head tube ripped off because yamahas are crap. its how it happend. (witch none of us know)! personally i think honda, yamaha, suzuki,kawasaki ext are all very nice machines! the fact that it came apart doesnt change my mind set on yamaha! you could proly search the web and see pics of tons of different bikes including honda coming apart like that! i own a 2001 F4i and like it very much and all i am saying is that if your going to dis yamaha AT LEAST HAVE A GOOD REASON!!! example: i dont like the power band. or. its to heavy for me... saying all of there bikes are crap sounds like a 12 year old who just got a CR 85. and yes i do understand that is your opinion!

Old 08-13-2006, 05:54 PM

I dont think it had to be a bunch of speed to do that. More so the luck. It could have fliped, slid into a pole what have you. As far as the bike being junk because it is torn apart well you take any bike and skip it like a rock down the road it is going to bust apart. [sm=smiley21.gif] Speed amps the damage of course but if you catch each piece in the worst way well then the worst will happen. This crash sucks thoe. But like I tell all my buddys here dont start on a new bike let alone a stret bike. Not because you cant handle it but because your gonna dropit some time and it sucks way more when that is your dream bike you drop. Oh and ditto on spdrmns

Old 08-14-2006, 03:22 AM

dont forget the insurance, dealer cost, gas, accessoiries riding gear etc......better bump up that price[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 08-17-2006, 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

ORIGINAL: johndoe

aaawwww.........what a waste of a beautiful machine
With a little duct tape, elmer's glue and rubber bands, it'll be good as new.

maybe even better!!

lol i was looking at r6's before i got my rr, but my dad threatened to kick me out of the house if i came riding home on a yamaha, lol true story