Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

wicked fast, holy crap

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wicked fast, holy crap

ORIGINAL: asrguy

these are scary tracks to run on. not to thread jack you, but did you guys see clips of the guys that wreck on it? here's one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutP6CUpKj4
I just watched your clip. The one I saw was WAY more intense even than that one. The guy comes around a corner at blinding speed and actually hits the inside wall which sends him wide and he then impacts against the outside wall and he and the bike and a million pieces of the bike are sent through the air all flipping and turning every which way for like 75 feet. The bike actually seems to collide with an overpass and the guy is somehow flung out of view. I was sure he died. But at the end of the clip it shows him there in the hospital, more or less fine, and then states that he is retiring from racing.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:35 PM
RCR

Thats too crazy those bikes are actually squirrly when they come off that lip. If I were to guess they would probably get three laps into my one maybe more.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:34 PM

Very interesting to watch the jaw-dropping action in TT racing but man something I would not do even if I had the *****, I would be smart enough to know that were human and we can make mistakes, however one wrong mistake and you can hit a wall/tree/anything. At least in motogp theres space from the walls, sand, dirt etc. Must be a adrenaline rush, but making things more dangerous imho doesn't = more fun. All about the competition that is in a safety executed environment. (of course not so safe it becomes boring )

Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 AM

Those guys all have huge *****
haha agreed

Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's amazing how much faster they look like they're going compared to the MotoGP or AMA Superbike races that are actually ON a racetrack. These are just public roads used as race tracks.............freaking crazy.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM

i would give my left nut to be able to ride with that much skill, and have those guys experience...

Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM

I was poking around youtube for some more vids from here and i came across a bbc special. They said 223 riders lost their lives as of when the bbc special was made

Old 09-26-2007, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: f3racer

this is isle of mann tt, im sure you've all heard of it. these are wicked fast, and nuts. no aircushion guard rails, no run-off, just concrete, buildings, cliffs, and crazy speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeYii_MubEU
Probably the most dangerous race anywhere, in any vehicle, bike or car, and not for the faint of heart.

These guys are doing 150+mph, inches away from brick walls, telephone poles, phone booths, and just poor tarmac in some places.

Personally, I look upon this race as one of the best, and the riders some of the best and bravest in the world.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:29 PM

If the race were not on a closed course, most "racers" would call these guys squids.

Half of those guys couldn't lick the boots of these guys skill wise.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Imagine one of those guys running from the cops if the knew the roads pretty well.

Quick Reply: wicked fast, holy crap