Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Who else...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Another crazy rule in BSB is that if you have a wreck - you're done. You can't return to the race. Even if it's the slightest little low side - that's it.

It's an awesome series - the electronic limitations are what makes it so fun to watch. Like I said - Velocity shows one round every Sunday.

While saying "Your bike has more electronics" probably isn't accurate with the Motec ECU's fuel maps, Ignition programs and everything - but "Your bike has more rider aids" is totally accurate.

That's a pretty crazy idea, isn't it?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The track and ride looks like fun period

And I can tune the TC to almost negliable on my bike. Though pretty much everyone agrees that's just a messy method of suicide for us mere mortal riders. So I do appreciate the skill of the series.

On the TC subject, couple people are discovering what I already knew: TC can't account for stupidity and physics. Couple highsides cause of cold tires, cold pavement and too much throttle . Not me. Sersi is safely up on stands waiting for the temp to climb a bit more

Old 02-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Sersi is safely up on stands waiting for the temp to climb a bit more
Haha. Luckily it warmed enough here to get in a good 50-60 mile ride the other day. It rained solid for a day before hand to wash off the roads, I woke up and it was in the 50's, I told myself "Now's my chance!"

Old 02-06-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
Haha. Luckily it warmed enough here to get in a good 50-60 mile ride the other day. It rained solid for a day before hand to wash off the roads, I woke up and it was in the 50's, I told myself "Now's my chance!"
Driveway isn't n direct sunlight. I'd have to salt it just to safely get out of the driveway on a bike

Old 02-06-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Driveway isn't n direct sunlight. I'd have to salt it just to safely get out of the driveway on a bike
That sucks - well I hope the weather changes for you. Do you have your new "bling" added to your bike yet? Pics?

Old 02-06-2014, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
That sucks - well I hope the weather changes for you. Do you have your new "bling" added to your bike yet? Pics?
Too cold. Actually I'm thinking of getting a set of Black fairings and having the HP colors added, reversing the black for white. 2 sets of fairings is never a bad thing

Old 02-07-2014, 08:02 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved the last series of BSB, was soooo close all the way right to the end, great skill, great sportsmanship and great racing.

In terms of thrills /minute it beats MoTo GP hands down! (and I love the MoTo GP!)

Old 02-07-2014, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by hawkwind

In terms of thrills /minute it beats MoTo GP hands down! (and I love the MoTo GP!)
Oh, I totally agree with that.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sidenote: The chick behind the fence off to the left in the hot pink tanktop, shorts and glasses at approx 2:03 is HAAWWTT.