CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   WENT DOWN But im alive (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/went-down-but-im-alive-63080/)

nosofast 03-21-2008 07:29 PM

WENT DOWN But im alive

If you ride motorcycle you have herd this before. " If you haven't gone down your going down" will for the second time in 5 years i went down. This time a barely escaped with my life. Thank the lord and an amazing helmet. i was getting on the highway and i another solider on a ninja 636 was getting on at the same time. We starting going a little to fast. He started breaking hard when we got to the turn i hit some gravel spun out. .Missed the wall divider by about two feet. slammed down hard the left side of my body. then i sled about 50 yards on my side . then my bike sled about another 100 yards. keep in mind I'm on I-44 laying the middle of a 3 lane interstate. watch my brand new bike slide across 3 lanes of traffic think **** I'm dead and my brand new bike is totaled. So then i jumped right up. in shock bleed all over my self. and retired CSM and a couple other army folks stoped to help me. i limped across the highway to check my bike out. All i wanted to do was cry but held it back my hole left said was thrashed . So then i asked them to take me to my house which was 200 yards away. so i get in this guy truck getting blood on his truck. Then as we are pulling off. the Highway patrol fire fighters EM T's start showing up rather fast about 3 min's after i crashed. So i get back out of the truck and drop to the grow end because the pain has just set in the adrenaline hard worn off. WOW !!!!! thats all i can say. I was feeling hardly no pain at all. Then 5 mins later i couldn't stand up or walk. The body is amazing . So i call my NCO "SGT " for you non military folks.

and ask him to get my bike he super cool and comes and picks it up. So the load me in the ambulance and take me to the post hospital. were they do some xrays. Set me up with morphine to kill the pain. then knock me out to clean out my road rash.which hurt even though i was knocked out. ahhhhha.then the ass clown bike cop show up and give me two ticket's thanks allot buddy.All in all i got some major road rash and some bone damage a few gash's in my hands a and bad headache.I'm 100% sure if i wouldn't have had my helmet on you probably.

would be reading my obituary
but thanks the lord and shark helmets for that

some after shots video ill post some bike pics in a few days

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=30772040

jaynd 03-21-2008 07:58 PM

RE: WENT DOWN But im alive

well, your little vid thingy said "130mph"..........i hope you wear gear from now on. it would have left you telling us a story about your mangled bike, not your road rashed skin. glad to hear you are still here w/ us to ride another day.

get that bike fixed, lesson learned, gear up, and take care brother.

sixhundredrr 03-21-2008 08:05 PM

Quite the lesson in your experience.

flashman 03-21-2008 09:26 PM

Glad your alright. What kind of regs does the army have for riding? Air Force requires us to always wear helmet, riding jacket, gloves and at least closed shoes. Is the army the sameway?

FNQuickF2 03-21-2008 11:08 PM

Sorry to hear that Bud! But yea, thank GOD your alive! I, too, laid my ride down a few weeks ago...Looky here: https://cbrforum.com/m_500955/tm.htm
Stay safe to ALL! and WEAR YOUR GEAR!
Ron

nosofast 03-21-2008 11:25 PM

ya i think we all have the Same D.O.D MIL standards long sleaves full finger glove pants D.o.t approved helment reflector vest or belt shoes that cover the ankle i had on about half that[:@]

nosofast 03-21-2008 11:29 PM

Man that sucks mines alot wores but yours was 92 f2 looked like brand new i would have cryed sorry to here it man glad your all right

dragonium25 03-21-2008 11:32 PM

Read your post (with much difficulty) and watched your vid. So let's see, you were listening to youriphone, not wearing propergear, and going too fast...I don't see how you could've prevented this accident [sm=headbang.gif]

Not trying to be an ass and kick you while you're down, but I hope you learned your lesson and realize your mistakes. You're very lucky to be alive and glad to hear no one else was injured. Be smart and ride safe. God definately was with you on this day.

nosofast 03-22-2008 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

Read your post (with much difficulty) and watched your vid. So let's see, you were listening to youriphone, not wearing propergear, and going too fast...I don't see how you could've prevented this accident [sm=headbang.gif]

Not trying to be an ass and kick you while you're down, but I hope you learned your lesson and realize your mistakes. You're very lucky to be alive and glad to hear no one else was injured. Be smart and ride safe. God definately was with you on this day.
for sure i was being an ass but sometimes people have to learn the hard way im that guy. im just glad to be alive

jdschmidt 03-22-2008 02:09 PM

vid was deleted??

anyways..tough lesson to learn, but we all need a reality check every once and awhile..i got mine last summer.