Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Turbo crotch rocket

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo crotch rocket

WELL EVERYONES TALKING ABOUT HOW FAST THEY WENT, SO I HAVE TO THROW MY 2 CENTS IN THERE. FIRST I HAVE A 600 "only a 600?" yeah how much more do u need? unless u want to hit 200mph+ 600s are fine and even better if u mod it. Ive gotten my f4 to 176 and that wasnt the top. it couldnt go any faster with the room i had. it was late at night in the country, i was scared of deers. and it was a one time deal. untill i mod it more! at that speed ur bike really feels like ur on a wave almost. u cant bring ur head much above the screen. i had to mine is pitch black. lucky i had my helmet (i wouldnt do it with out it too much wind) but it felt like my helmet was going to rip off, it put alot of strees on my neck. i wouldnt recomend doing stuff like this with out a helmet and jacket. they will save u . ive gone done going pretty fast. and im still here becuz of that.

take it easy guys
Rob

Old 03-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F4 -- at 176 a helmet and jacket will do little to protect you from yourself. And nobody's saying 600s aren't the shiz-nit, only that given the same amount of room with a turbo'd 1300 you could have done over 200 easily. Some of the bigger displacement bikes also have better wind ergos to keep your helmet from trying to rip your head off. Always check your tires and chain before setting your personal best top end. I'm not even suggesting it's safe but having good equipment is always a good thing. Happy top end!!

Old 03-14-2005, 09:16 PM

I really dont think a jacket and helmet will save u over 120mph but unlike a car accident u can be ejected which in some cases is better than coming to a complete stop from lets say 45-60mph ur body may take it better or may not. but either way a jacket and helmet are good to have gloves also. I could of lost fingers when i laid mine down. But i just got my alpinestars carbon gloves and they save me alot. when u go down ur fist insticnt is to put ur hands down. or roll. Really what im saying is protection is a must. If u hot dog alot or like going fast. A $200 jacket is well worth it, and to think i wanted to get parts before i got the gear im glad i didnt

Rob

Old 03-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

"... and to think i wanted to get parts before i got the gear im glad i didnt "

That's prolly the wisest thing I've read on a bike board. I always wear my gear even on hot days. My V-twin buds don't get it ... I tell 'em, "You will."

Old 03-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've hit over 150+ on my 929 easily.....i can't imagine what that beast feels like.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:11 PM

its beautiful [sm=drooldude.gif] wish i had the money to get one. but then again i would probably never go that fast on it

Old 08-12-2006, 05:53 AM

thats a fast bike but iv seen turbo bikes front wheels lift off at 150 mph (turbo busa)

Old 08-12-2006, 03:10 PM

Not to rip on the guy but he really really used its potential he was always doing rolls from high speeds in a high gear and low rpms to show the greta torque but i dont think he really passed 8-9k he if he didnt short shift that bike prolly would have wheelied....for me i think id go as fast as conditions allowed....

Old 08-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

On a busa the turbo will hit full spool immediately anywhere above 4K rpms when you twist the throttle. Short shifting on one isn't anything like it is on a normal bike. I mean getting out of the throttle at 7K in 3rd and then wide open in 4th will lift the front wheel in the blink of an eye. Throttle control and quick reaction is the key to keeping it outta the ditches.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:25 PM

SWeeet JESUS!

Quick Reply: Turbo crotch rocket