CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   Throttle control.... well lack of it (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/throttle-control-well-lack-151219/)

CBR forever 03-19-2014 12:13 AM

Throttle control.... well lack of it

Enjoy and judge, but not too harshly.

hellboy7 03-19-2014 11:41 AM

I think when you record yourself riding its a lot better method to cirtique and improve on your own riding. I wouldn't post my own videos up on youtube... but definitely theres always something to improve on !

CBR forever 03-19-2014 02:09 PM

Yeah that's the main reason I bought a camera was to see how I do and judge myself and become a better rider. Also with the help of some friends

Conrice 03-19-2014 02:12 PM

Have you ever thought about adjusting your throttle cables? I got the feeling that there was quite a dead spot between throttle open and throttle closed. Adjusting it a little tighter may give you a smoother transmission of going on/off throttle.

Just an idea.

CBR forever 03-19-2014 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1267971)
Have you ever thought about adjusting your throttle cables? I got the feeling that there was quite a dead spot between throttle open and throttle closed. Adjusting it a little tighter may give you a smoother transmission of going on/off throttle.

Just an idea.

You know I have thought about that. The other guy in the video at the end on the GSXR has a motion pro throttle and I've thought about getting that. Or are you talking about just tightening up the stock ones?

Conrice 03-19-2014 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by CBR forever (Post 1267972)
You know I have thought about that. The other guy in the video at the end on the GSXR has a motion pro throttle and I've thought about getting that. Or are you talking about just tightening up the stock ones?

Stock ones. I got on a friend's bike one day (it was his first bike - SV650) and it was very choppy because there was so much free play in the throttle. Watching your video reminded me of how it felt riding his bike.

I mentioned it to him and he hadn't ever thought about it, so we adjusted his cables and it went away. He said after a few minutes getting used to it, that his on and off throttle transition was much better and it felt like a new motorcycle.

CBR forever 03-19-2014 09:47 PM

I might try that see if it helps any. Thanks for the tip :icon_denk:

CJardine 03-21-2014 04:14 AM

I have a quick turn throttle as well and I can say that they inherently and majorly on/off. I have to be hyper aware of what I'm inputting into the throttle or I upset my bike so I would try your stock one before moving to a motion pro or yoyodyne. I love the GP shifting though! I will never go back!!

CBR forever 03-24-2014 01:28 AM

Yes I had the gp shifting on my F4i and got real use to it, and then I took my 1000 to the track for the first time I had the stock setup and it was horrible trying to switch back. Long story short when I got home I switched that around real quick.