Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Some pics from my trackday 9/27-28

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Some pics from my trackday 9/27-28

Been awhile since I posted anything up, so figured I'd post up a few pics from my freakin' awesome track weekend this past weekend. It's been almost 2 years since my last trackday (Oct 2012)..... not really sure why I took a little break, but I HAD to get back out there again and finally fix my damn body position that I've been struggling with since the very first one

So I signed up for a weekend at NC BIKE with Team Pro Motion.... my buddy Kevin is a coach for them so I could get a good bit of one on one..... I'm still fairly new to the whole track thing and still learning lots of things

I took the day off work Friday to get everything done..... bike prepped and loaded, car loaded, and kiddos loaded. And yes, the mini fridge was a must..... and it was awesome, lol

Name:  null_zpsa45a9d63.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  2.57 MB

Name:  null_zps45701256.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  2.42 MB

Name:  null_zpsfe6a23da.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  2.46 MB

Name:  null_zps1a354ef1.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  1.49 MB

We left and made our way the 5 something hours towards the NC coast...... I don't think the kiddos were quite as excited about the weekend as I was..... oh well

Name:  null_zpsa43e6fed.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  1.45 MB

Stopped for dinner along the way, and could already tell the weekend was off to an awesome start with a kick *** sunset

Name:  null_zps47c35f1e.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  1.55 MB

My buddy Kevin and his friend Chad were on their way up from Charlotte the same time I was making my way there, and we ended up meeting up along the way and going the rest of the way together.... we finally rolled in about 10:30

Name:  null_zpsbf38a6d5.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  1,009.2 KB

After we got everything set up and Kevin did some work on his bike, we all got some sleep..... Had my own cozy little setup in here lol. Had to fight for my spot though, haha

Name:  null_zpsa184ce09.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  1.69 MB

Name:  null_zps2a31ace5.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  1.58 MB

Woke up to an absolutely beautiful cool morning saturday

Name:  null_zpsbb0ef0ba.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  321.0 KB

Through tech and ready to roll!

Name:  null_zps634ca597.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  2.50 MB

Name:  null_zps97fbb9a8.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  2.69 MB

The kiddos were being lazy bums just laying around in the car, lol

Name:  null_zps6a06e5e5.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  1.47 MB

Rode both saturday and sunday, and had an absolute BLAST!! Probably one of the best track weekends I've had to date. My buddy Kevin helped me out tremendously with my body position which I've been struggling so much with, and with just a few helpful words and advice, everything finally started to 'click' for me. It was as simple as just dropping my inside elbow, which pulled my head down (always a prob), and then just relaxing my upper body. Soon as I did that it's like everything just fell into place. Sooooooo happy with the improvements that were had!! Of course I'm still far far far from perfect, but I do believe it was definitely a step in the right direction

Name:  07098_WhiteGroup_zpsd2bbe799.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  2.75 MB

Name:  06955_WhiteGroup_zpsc652893e.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  2.66 MB

Name:  06893_WhiteGroup_zps58f019f4.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  2.45 MB

Name:  07004_WhiteGroup_zps67d3b6dc.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  2.64 MB

Ended the day sunday with a shiny bike, scraped pucks (more or less my first time getting my knee down, and now that everything is starting to flow it's pretty much every time now), and a nicely scuffed tire..... don't think I could ask for any better. And the bike ran flawlessly the entire weekend.... not a single problem whatsoever

Name:  null_zps8b3319de.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  2.94 MB

Name:  null_zpsbfc205cc.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  1.85 MB

Name:  null_zpscdf00309.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  1.67 MB

Saw some bikes you don't typically see at trackdays..... hell yea!

Name:  null_zpsb6a44dca.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  2.54 MB

Sunday night.... finally got everything packed up and ready to roll out. I left and went about 30-40 miles up the road and stopped to grab something to eat. Ended up being 9:30 pm before I really got on the road, and still had a 4+ hr drive ahead of me.... yea that was a laaaate night. And had to get up and go to work the next day.... I was definitely dragging. Absolutely worth it though

Name:  null_zps2977281e.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  2.05 MB

All in all it was an absolutely awesome weekend! Weather seriously couldn't have been better.... little chilly at night for sleeping, but during the day high of 79 and sunny blue skies..... couldn't have asked for better. My buddy Kevin followed me on sunday and said I was looking great! That I'm certainly happy to hear. Definitely gonna try and make it back out again here soon.... prob later this month

Last edited by thirdgenlxi; 10-02-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:06 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you had tons of fun! Deffy gonna go back on the track myself, tried it once this summer, sucked bad mostly cause I was so exited and tense on the track and only got about 20 laps down on a fairly short track until my buddy took a tumble and we all decided to leave. Planning to score a pair of used slicks to get more grip though, and probly leathers, don't wanna drop the knee with fabric pants although I think I'm pretty dang far from even getting to try that...

Old 10-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That is awesome that you slept in the SUV and did two days. The pics look good too and what did the viffer look like in action?

Old 10-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
Sounds like you had tons of fun! Deffy gonna go back on the track myself, tried it once this summer, sucked bad mostly cause I was so exited and tense on the track and only got about 20 laps down on a fairly short track until my buddy took a tumble and we all decided to leave. Planning to score a pair of used slicks to get more grip though, and probly leathers, don't wanna drop the knee with fabric pants although I think I'm pretty dang far from even getting to try that...
Ohhhh yea definitely don't want to go down in fabric pants, haha...... that would suck! I'm surprised you can even do trackdays in anything BUT full leathers..... here you HAVE to have full leathers, gauntlet gloves, boots, some orgs require a back/spine protector (I always wear one anyways). Definitely get back out there though!

Originally Posted by Conrice
That is awesome that you slept in the SUV and did two days. The pics look good too and what did the viffer look like in action?
Yea sleeping in the car was actually pretty comfy...... I've had the car almost 2 years and this was one of the main reasons I bought such a vehicle.... to be able to camp out in at trackdays, haha. First time I've actually gotten to do it. The VFR I didn't really see too much in action..... he did both days too, but he was in the ART class (the training class where they do classroom in the off sessions). The ART class was huge on saturday..... about 25 students, so instead of mixing them in with the novice group they broke them into their own separate group and had their own session and everything, so he was out at a different time than me. On sunday there were only about 8 ART students so they did put them in with novice group..... I still didn't see him much on the track. He never went down though so I guess he was doing alright

On a side note.... Another buddy of mine Kevin, rides a same generation VFR 800 (2002) and he rides advanced group.... on the VFR, lol. Dude is f'ing nuts, hahah. He said he gets some weird looks passing people

Old 10-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats how I do it, go over the bike and load up the wifes mini van the day before. Take a nap, get up about 1 am, pull out about 3 am. Drive 3.25 hours to Summit Point, ride all day, shower, go to a steak house, back to the track. Sleep in mini van, wake up, ride all day, drive home, go to bed, get up and go to work. Perfect weekend.