Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Sleek Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sleek Motorcycle

Pretty nice set-up. One thing I've realized in composition in photograpy is "transportation vehicles" whether, cars, bikes, planes , boats, etc. are best in their elements. Your set-up to me is a "portrait" set-up. Great for head shots, nude photography and so forth...
I say get that bike out on the road and look for a very interesting backdrop/landscape and bring your tri/mono pod, long exposure, stop it down, and let her rip....
Good luck.
RB

Old 02-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking for a different motorcycle shot and considering this is just rim light. It would be terrible for portraits, though it would work for nudes.

Anyways, it is a red gixxer. Let me know if it looks better now.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:49 PM

I like the rawness of the last picture the best actually. the first one i think you need to add some overhead lighting reflecting off of the rear of the tank

Old 02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you're looking for...but it's not getting threough...yet. I tried to pull the exif off the image, but wasn't intact. Probably from the PP. Just keep playing with the light and as I stated before, the aperture...With the equipment you have, 1DmkII, you should have excellent results.
RB

Old 02-02-2008, 03:47 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

It's actually the color of Advil...homeboy's software drains the red for some reason, it happened all over his F3 and Suzuki in a thread a few months ago...

Great shots, no bashing required...
It has to do with color profiles. I just didn't export as sRGB. I edit in Adobe RGB for print, but the web uses sRGB. THe first one should be fine now. I re-exported and uploaded it as sRGB.

Let me know if it comes out correctly. I tested it on my other computers and it looks fine to me now.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:30 PM

Great pictures.

Now, if you're looking to further refine the contrast between light/shadows (to try to get that nice crisp sliver of a silouhette, floating in the darkness) a faster shutter speed, and a wider iris (further reducing your focal depth) might do the trick.

You have a really nice setup though

Old 02-03-2008, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: FNQuickF2

I know what you're looking for...but it's not getting threough...yet. I tried to pull the exif off the image, but wasn't intact. Probably from the PP. Just keep playing with the light and as I stated before, the aperture...With the equipment you have, 1DmkII, you should have excellent results.
RB
I can see nips in your avatar picture!!!

Oh and the picture looks great.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:48 PM

Kind of reminds me of this.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:51 PM

Thanks for all of the replies and compliments. I really appreciate it.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 PM

I think some light needs to be taken off of the windscreen, the excess light reflecting off of that paired with the lack of light on the tail is kind of throwing it off.

By any chance, did some inspiration for that picture come from Infiniti's latest commercials?

Quick Reply: Sleek Motorcycle