Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

running from cops

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: running from cops

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Not many are going to agree with your actions, therefore only sharing them invites the sort of cat fight bickering that we're seeing here. Just keep it to yourself...****ing loser. We don't need people like you representing our country.
Kid, if you want to help keep the bickering down, you can start by making your point in a less abrasive fashion. I appreciate your passion on the subject matter, but you can make the same point even better by not makinga personal attack (imho). Anyway, I think running from the cops is rediculous, and you are going to deserve what happens to you as a result. It is like anything: If you take steriods and your **** shrivels up...too bad, if you smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and get cancer...not Marlboro's fault, if you eat Mcdonalds for lunch everyday and gain 60 lbs...stop eating there. How spoiled are we that we want to do whatever and then complain about the consequenses. Should the bike have been pushed over...NO WAY! Would that cop have pushed the bike over if therider hadn't run in the first place...I'll give you a million to one that he wouldn't have. Remember Newton's third law, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." And from Galations, "Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well put voodoo.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

I drive my golf cart pretty damn crazy sometimes
there's no situation where you opening up your bro's bike past the posted speed limit is OK
there's no situation where a police officer is justified in kicking a bike over as a result of a speeding ticket only.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: AudiCBR

lol ignorant of what -- the fact that we're obviously not ignorant of our rights of personal freedom's to own things and not have them smashed when someone throws a temper tantrum...my kids 8 and would know better then to knock a bike over, examples of this could be anything, like, its after 8 PM which means noise ordinance takes effect and your still out mowing your lawn and after the police coming repeatedly to tell you to stop, they break your zero turn mower.... but because the both of you are taking the stance of the neighbors bothered you say yeah its ok....notice the tone of the thread, its subjective...
That's not at all the case in the video you were talking about. Time it. Those cops were after the guy for SEVERAL minutes. This is not a "oops I was speeding a bit" this is blantanly,recklessly trying to run away and the knucklehead gets everything he deserves.

We had a case here not long ago where a guy on a GSXR1000 ran from the cops for over an hour. He basically had gotten away from immediate pursuit, and was stopped at a stoplight 20 miles away. A county sherriff saw him at the stop light and proceeded the knock the guy over with his push bumper. A judge ruled that action was justified because the rider was obviously a flight risk. I think you could make a case that the policeman in the video also pushed the bike over to ensure that no one got away (the rider was struggling...)

Old 05-29-2007, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: racer212

ORIGINAL: AudiCBR

lol ignorant of what -- the fact that we're obviously not ignorant of our rights of personal freedom's to own things and not have them smashed when someone throws a temper tantrum...my kids 8 and would know better then to knock a bike over, examples of this could be anything, like, its after 8 PM which means noise ordinance takes effect and your still out mowing your lawn and after the police coming repeatedly to tell you to stop, they break your zero turn mower.... but because the both of you are taking the stance of the neighbors bothered you say yeah its ok....notice the tone of the thread, its subjective...
That's not at all the case in the video you were talking about. Time it. Those cops were after the guy for SEVERAL minutes. This is not a "oops I was speeding a bit" this is blantanly,recklessly trying to run away and the knucklehead gets everything he deserves.

We had a case here not long ago where a guy on a GSXR1000 ran from the cops for over an hour. He basically had gotten away from immediate pursuit, and was stopped at a stoplight 20 miles away. A county sherriff saw him at the stop light and proceeded the knock the guy over with his push bumper. A judge ruled that action was justified because the rider was obviously a flight risk. I think you could make a case that the policeman in the video also pushed the bike over to ensure that no one got away (the rider was struggling...)
i think that is the first time that perspective has come into this discussion. interesting to say the least.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: racer212
very accurate statement. for this same reason cops take peopls keys, block vehicles with other cars etc. if you watch any episode of "worlds wildest police chases" when it involves a fleeing motorcycle alot of time you will see the cops push the bike over so that the person cant run again .

Old 05-29-2007, 11:21 PM

v

Old 05-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nevermind. It's not worth the arguement.

Have a GREAT day, courtesy of your US Military.

I will say this though: Would you rather have someone tell you what you THINK others need to hear, or tell you straight up? I am not the type of person that pulls the "Do as I say, not as I do" routine, and my Marines appreciate that. I also teach advanced riding to my unit's riders, making them safer on the roads. In the process, I TELL them that I ride fast. I TELL them I enjoy wheelies. I TELL them I drag knees. I also TELL them to get the hell away from town if you are going to pull that kind of crap. Just like I do, and yes, my superiors know how I ride.

This site obviously has no problem with members flaming other members, even if it's for being honest, so if that's the way it is here, please just delete my user name.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:24 PM

we have no problems with enjoying riding, we may have problems with breaking the law...we really can't endorse that without popo's getting upset ya know?

just know that this IS the internet...and people will flame...for right reasons or wrong reasons. we just keep those flames under control.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

Nevermind. It's not worth the arguement.

Have a GREAT day, courtesy of your US Military.

I will say this though: Would you rather have someone tell you what you THINK others need to hear, or tell you straight up? I am not the type of person that pulls the "Do as I say, not as I do" routine, and my Marines appreciate that. I also teach advanced riding to my unit's riders, making them safer on the roads. In the process, I TELL them that I ride fast. I TELL them I enjoy wheelies. I TELL them I drag knees. I also TELL them to get the hell away from town if you are going to pull that kind of crap. Just like I do, and yes, my superiors know how I ride.

This site obviously has no problem with members flaming other members, even if it's for being honest, so if that's the way it is here, please just delete my user name.
Be careful:
Just because you are in the military...Just because they have let you stay in this far...Doesnt give you the priveledge (spell check!!!)
doesnt give you the right to "represent" the US Military. I cant tell what you wrote earlier, but based on the reaction, it couldnt have been promoting good order and discipline. When you say something questionable...and someone calls you out for it (ie KidCr3nshaw)...you should be careful.

Never say "your welcome". Dont say "your welcome to your opinion, have a great day...curteousy of the US Military" when the other guy didnt say "Thanks" Not a good way to represent. Thats like saying "The only reason you all are even allowed to have opinions, is because of me". Un-Cool.

Quick Reply: running from cops