Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Plate scanner, are you insured?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plate scanner, are you insured?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENGY1CD9y_4

Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plate scanner, are you insured?

yes im insured and let them run my plates. I like keeping a clean record. I hope that system takes down all the idiots on the road. I am sick of being hit by unliscenced, uninsured, etc. cars. I have never caused a car or bike accident and somehow have been in 5.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:25 PM

that clip was from law enforcement in canada if i looked at it right.i wonder if it is here in america yet? that would suck for some people i know.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It absolutely is here, and thank god for it. I have a clean record, full coverage insurance and my plate is atually mounted at the back of the bike where they can see it.

I hope all the idiots that cause us grief get owned by this system.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 PM
VP

I freakin hate YouTube... I can't watch the video... it won't load more than 3 seconds.. but I can assume this has some camera system that reads and runs license plates... pretty good idea honestly maybe this will give cops a better chance of finding stolen vehicles.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:36 PM

damn...thats scary. ok!! i aint running from the cops

Old 08-16-2007, 04:06 PM

No more ridin' dirty!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 04:53 PM

I think they should focus more on idiot drivers than uninsured ones... Like the guy that slides his car sideways down the street or does burnouts or the people known for having extreme road rage.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:54 PM

Or the old lady with the 800 horse power Camaro that likes to wheelie her car in my neighborhood

Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Friend and Hero ...

This system is used for more than license plate recognition. The same company that developed this hardware and software package also was the original manufacturer of facial recognition software and the latest units do not take up the whole trunk of a vehicle. You would be shocked at its size and portability and its applications. Just imagine if this could be possible or true a piece of hardware and software that is capable of identifying an individual. Just based on their demeanor the way they carry a weapon, the way they walk and the ability to calculate height and weight as well as its basic function of facial recognition. Whenever it's possible. Now Mount it to a UAV Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and you have a weapon for fighting terrorism now using the video above. Just imagine how this information is used to help hunt down terrorists are insurgency especially with satellites that have the ability to read the bar code on a pack of cigarettes
now about the system above in the video have absolutely no problem with its use it is just another tool to enforce the laws of the land.

Quick Reply: Plate scanner, are you insured?