CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   Pictures from AMA race weekend in New Orleans! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/pictures-ama-race-weekend-new-orleans-142476/)

volcom440 10-06-2012 11:13 PM

Pictures from AMA race weekend in New Orleans!

6 Attachment(s)
so i ended up getting free passes to this race weekend, Josh Hayes the guy who won the second race is from gulfport, MS (where i live) and he bought 700 or so tickets and i ended up getting some. anyways heres a few pics i snapped off. also i got to meet jason britton the master of stunting. this guys is super cool to hang out with i BSed it with him for awhile after his shows.

The triumph bike at the GoPro tent, this is the one from all the Icon videos (car chase and what not)
Attachment 35864

The motorcycle-superstore bikes
Attachment 35865

Rider went down just hitching a ride back to the paddock
Attachment 35866

All carbon fiber ducati, this thing was sexy
Attachment 35867

(from L to R) my cousin, jason britton, and my girlfriend
Attachment 35868

Sweet Ferrari. they had 3-4 of these set up. this is the onlyo one i took a pic off. they're racing these oct. 26-27 at the same track. i got free tickets to go see that too! they also had a few GTR's that were suped up and and corvette ZR1 with an LS9 in it. Thing was Sexy.
Attachment 35869

i'll be taking more pictures tomorrow and i'll update this thread. i have some video of jaon's stunt routine that i'll post up later as well!

also i could have sworn that i seen Keith Code there, im not sure and i didnt go ask him but this guy looked almost identical to him. if i see him tomorrow im going to go ask, if i look like and idiot oh well.

adrenalnjunky 10-08-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by volcom440 (Post 1196497)
All carbon fiber ducati, this thing was sexy
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...B74A49E6B6.jpg

Nothing Italian about that bike - that's the Erik Buell Racing EBR 1190RS. Built in the USA. You can get yours today for about $44k with the carbon package you pictured.

I'll take 2.

gotcbr 10-08-2012 04:33 PM

Nice pics. Thanks for posting them!

pitsvtec 10-08-2012 05:05 PM

Sweet!!!

Conrice 10-09-2012 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky (Post 1196738)
Nothing Italian about that bike - that's the Erik Buell Racing EBR 1190RS. Built in the USA. You can get yours today for about $44k with the carbon package you pictured.

I'll take 2.

ya, it's these guys' bikes

http://stblogs.motorcyclistonline.co...rs-623x467.jpg

too bad danny ran over that white line...

gotcbr 10-09-2012 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1196937)

too bad danny ran over that white line... just no c/f

Those "lines" w/ penalties need to be re-worked.

Sprock 10-09-2012 09:33 PM

EBR1190RS - I love it - sexiest pic up there :D

Nice & thanks for sharing man :)

Conrice 10-09-2012 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1196957)
Those "lines" w/ penalties need to be re-worked.

couldn't agree more. i understand not wanting those guys to dice it up that close to a cement wall, but seriously, 5 seconds is a little steep for something that could be completely un-intentional. and what was the point of the white line at the end of pit road?

not to hi-jack, but please tell me you guys saw the harley race re-cap where o'hara grabbed barnes' right arm coming off of the last corner

adrenalnjunky 10-10-2012 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1196995)
couldn't agree more. i understand not wanting those guys to dice it up that close to a cement wall, but seriously, 5 seconds is a little steep for something that could be completely un-intentional. and what was the point of the white line at the end of pit road?

not to hi-jack, but please tell me you guys saw the harley race re-cap where o'hara grabbed barnes' right arm coming off of the last corner

Yeah - saw the Barnes thing - have read in other forums about how O-hara has a flat-track background, and that he's just used to leaning on other riders. lol - lame excuse. Weirder too is that most articles state that these 2 are friends off the track.

As far as the white line thing goes - you could see Slick and Bostrom talking about it before the Tv interview - Danny wasn't happy. Didn't the tv announcers state that the line was to keep the riders from swing out and keeping pointed directly at the pit wall coming off that last corner? Sounds like a track layout issue to me.

Josh Hayes is simply a freak of nature at this point. Predictions for next year? Does Herrin finally get his feet under him? Blake get a bike under him that can compete? Does Cardenas move up and start whooping up? Do the EBR guys get some electronics on the bikes that allow them to be more consistent?

Conrice 10-10-2012 12:11 PM

i wish either graves would go to WSBK or someone preferably yamaha would take hayes and give him a shot on the world level. my thinking is simply this - new orleans was a new track and hayes dominated from the get-go. while i know that he won't be right at the front of the pack of the first race, guys like him (think spies) can be competitive relatively quick. look at him when he had a ride on motogp last year. he was pretty good right from the get-go, almost like no wild-card before. so what he's old. it's not like he'll be the oldest in the paddock. but realistically, it won't happen. josh will be in the ama next year, though i think he'll start getting more competition from other riders - mainly herrin. hopefully young and R hayden too.

2. ebr needs to give may and eslick (i really hope they keep him) more motor to keep up with the I4's. the electronics are really key, but they've been fast regardless of that on tracks that are focused more around handling. i think if they would have just a bit more motor this year, they would have been able to challenge more often. but i do know that when you start having a motor that can make that kind of hp, it tends to not be as smooth - thus relying on electronics to keep those riders competitive. so i don't know. i really really didn't think that single disc was going to work, and i was flat out wrong. eslick has been a demon on brakes.

maybe the EBR success will start up even more american sportbike companies, i could think of a few guys that could do it (richard stanboli to name) - which is what i think america needs more of. plus more competition will make EVERY bike out there better so we all benefit.

i think herrin will do great next year so long as he stays healthy. he started to show this season that he can really ride a liter bike well. he has the talent for sure.

i bet we see more from ktm next year too

as far as blake young, i think he had some "mental" issues this year that stopped him from competing. i'm not saying he had more bike than he needed to have in order to fight with yamaha, but i think he just kind of lost his drive after road america (his home track).

as far as daytona sportbike - martin cardenas should have never gone back to there. he already won the title before, he didn't have anything left to prove. he should definitely make the move to superbike. but i don't think he'll whoop. i think he'll have an okay year, but i don't think he'll be that great. he had plenty of bike before in superbike and didn't do too much with it. and i think next year will be cameron beaubier's year for sportbike. imagine if he had actually started this year on time. i hope westby does better next season so he can maybe have a chance at superbike. corey west, jake gagne, and tommy aquino (if he stays in the US) i think will have a good year. i hope someone gives tommy hayden a ride for superbike.

i don't think zemke will race in the AMA next year.

i'm not really sure about other predictions. that's more of what i'd like to see happen vs what i actually think will happen