Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

New member here with pics of my slow Honda...:)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member here with pics of my slow Honda...:)

Well i'm not exactly a new member, I regsitered here when I bought my old 94 CBR600 F2 last year... Then bought a wrecked RR a few months after owning the F2, and completely forgot about this site till a couple weeks ago... To many forums to visit, and not enough time lol.

Here's a couple progress pics of my baby since day 1.

Before:

The tear down...

Getting there...

The work crew slacking off, and one going to take a nap...

Ryan coming back from his nap... lol

Halfway...

My thoughts about Honda during all of this...

One of my lil midgets at work putting it all back together...

And somewhat finished...

Yes there's a big gap there, I got pissed and left it alone for the time being...

And a quick shot of the new tank I got in and then sent off to have the decals removed and painted.

When I put her back together the other I had a big gap on the left side, well I rode her for a week like that and finally dissassembled her again to find out the upper fairing stay was bent and I never noticed lol.

Well I ran into a local RR that loved my chrome wheels and kept saying how much he liked them so I was like do you want them? and he said hell yea so we swapped them out. I kinda miss them, but as soon as I get the lip on these polished or get them powdercoated bronze like I really want to then I will be happy.

Santa stopped by for a lil visit...

Scrapping the old heavy junk

And the new...

Well I finally got around to painting my lowers and adding some rimtape, and getting her prepped for my 1st trackday Friday at Jennings...

At first I was kind of iffy about it, but after a few minutes I loved it... Just cant wait to get my swingarm powdercoated black and some other lil tid bits...

You guys think it looks better or worse?

Before...

After:

[IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2305/p101

Old 05-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Default RE: New member here with pics of my slow Honda...:)

Sharp bike bro. Nice job on the fix up and the pics. I hate to see a perfectly good piece of fairing get painted, but I gotta say the black lower cowl matches better. I'm wondering if the bike might look better with the black wheels but no rim stripes (???). Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of rim stripes, but it might just be a little too much red.

I can't believe you're going to take that bike to the track after all that repair work. Be careful!

Old 05-05-2006, 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: kiggy74

Sharp bike bro. Nice job on the fix up and the pics. I hate to see a perfectly good piece of fairing get painted, but I gotta say the black lower cowl matches better. I'm wondering if the bike might look better with the black wheels but no rim stripes (???). Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of rim stripes, but it might just be a little too much red.

I can't believe you're going to take that bike to the track after all that repair work. Be careful!

Thanks man, it was alot of work but the $$ saved from buying a wrecked RR was worth it... And as much of a hassle as it was, it was a lil fun lol. I do feel alot more attached to her now though lol... Oh yea, I understand what your saying completely about the rim tape... I just thought it was a lil to bland/boring without the rim tape though, I wish I could find some pics but I cant...

lol well you've got a point, but whats the point in having these awesome toys if ya cant have fun with them... Thanks man, Yea I was careful as hell because it was my 1st trackday but man was it a BLAST!!!

Speak of the devil though you mention taking her to the track after repairing her... She fell over in the trailor on the way to JenningsGP scratching the tank on my buddies frame slider and the stress from the tie downs when it fell over cracked my upper fairing on both sides. I was so pissed about it all until I got out on the track and had the time of my life, then I forgot all about the damage to the bike for a few weeks lol.

Here's a copy of a post with pics from that trackday with some pics...

Well Thiago and I had a blast (Thiago= buddy on 636 that went with me), all we could talk about is when we were going to do another trackday lol. One things for sure, Thiago can ride a damn bike... We rode the first session with the "noobies" and our instructor told us right after we needed to move up so we did and thats when the real fun began... The first half of the day we were about even staying on each other ***'s and passing in the curves when the other would screw up or brake a lil later then the other and over take. But his experience on a bike showed for sure the second half of they day he kept getting quicker and quicker pulling and pulling away... The track owner came over where we were parked at after one of our sessions and asked if he rode the 636 and asked if it was really his 1st time out on the track and gave him props because he was moving out and gave him some tips as well on his hand when he brakes, and we hadnt seen him all day anywhere because he didnt have much to do with things being ran that day it seemed...

I wanted to get alot more pics because there were alot more bikes there but the battery was about to die and I forgot the charger like something stupid...

Sorry for the long rant but I feel like a little kid in a candy store, still so excited lol.

VIDEO:
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...U36V37SSAQRR35

I know im gonna get **** about the leather too, lol they were rentals because my goofy *** is a slacker...

Well here's the pics, Thiago's goofy *** decided to get some work done... And to top it off the flash didnt even wake his *** up and I had to take the pic 3 different times because I kept messing it up...

Name:  P1010001.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  24.4 KB

This is the only action shot the ole lady got all day, which sucks but the track photographer was there so hopefully they got some good ones that I can buy or something...

Our lil pit area...

Breaking the ole Pilot Powers in...

Getting ready to head out..

Old 05-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man sweetness. good job on the bike, AND STOP TALKING ABOUT THE TRACK! I am at work and cant even ride my bike!

Old 05-05-2006, 02:10 PM

Probably a newb question, but is the "SLOW" on your helmet there to warn other racers?

Nice work, looks a ton better!

Old 05-05-2006, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

man sweetness. good job on the bike, AND STOP TALKING ABOUT THE TRACK! I am at work and cant even ride my bike!

Thanks man, I appreciate it... lol who said anything about the track? I mean who would wanna go to the track? lol Sorry to hear about your bike man, good luck with it...

ORIGINAL: Puck

Probably a newb question, but is the "SLOW" on your helmet there to warn other racers?

Nice work, looks a ton better!

lol Nah, the "slow" was on there as a joke the week before our local dragstrip had a charity drag race event... I was running in the 750/under class and put the "slow" on there to mess with all the other guys in my class because they all rag on Honda's but yet the ole slow Honda finished 3rd out of a bunch of 636's and 750's...

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words...

Old 05-05-2006, 09:26 PM

next time you get a set of crome rims, send them my way, I want a set ...lol nice looking bike indeed,

Old 05-06-2006, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Proeve

next time you get a set of crome rims, send them my way, I want a set ...lol nice looking bike indeed,

lol will do...

Thanks man