Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

New to me Tailgunner

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:14 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't you go poking the borax at me Steve.

From what I've seen so far, I suspect I may be the only sane one posting in this thread.

And that's a first.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:04 AM

I think, that maybe the thing I find most disturbing about this thing, is simply that it exists.

Assuming, that it wasn't kind of some kind of virgin birth, falling from the sky, thing the process has to go like this:

"OHHH I've got a good idea, how about a tailpipe that rotates like a machine gun?"

Roughs out basic concept, goes and visits a mechanical engineer who can turn his flash of inspiration into a working model.

The mechanical engineer (who has spent four years at university) clearly has nothing better to do that day, takes on the project. Design, test, etc until he cracks it.

The design then gets submitted to D.O.T. who run their normal rigorous tests to confirm that it's safe to use. After checking compliance with all appropriate legislation a design certificate is issued.

Then he goes and finds some engineering shop willing to turn one of the most stupid ideas in the whole world into a production reality, which he clearly did.

Surely, at any point, if one of these experts had just told the guy he was a feckin idiot the whole process would have died the death it so truly deserved?

Old 02-28-2012, 03:15 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I just laughted so much reading TK's post

Old 02-28-2012, 03:20 AM

I can only hope that the talented design engineer is now spending his time working out how to make our CCT's more clever and how to make Harleys go round corners.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
I just laughted so much reading TK's post

We aim to please, can't say I'm always the most clever guy around here, but if I make people laugh

"My work is done here"