Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

my new bike...

Old 05-09-2006, 04:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new bike...

Welp, I sold my trusty 98 F3 last week, and went to the auction in Indianapolis with the owner of the dealer I work at. I picked up a '05 600RR that apparently was stripped by the owner, and then repo'd. I'm 90% sure it still had clean break-in oil in it, and since the cluster is missing, im not really sure on the milage. It's missing some pieces, but I've found most all of it on eBay.. I think im watchin like 34 items, haha.. I found some scratched up fairings at work that had been replaced and were just sitting around collecting dust, and sent those off to my painter. As far as bodywork goes, I still need a tank cover, left middle, and lower fairing. It's getting painted all black, and I think I'm either gonna go with flat black graphics and decals. Still kinda undecided.. I'll update this thread as the project moves forward, and I've set a deadline for completion for May 24th..

Old 05-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Default RE: my new bike...

Congrats on the bike. Hope all goes well with the restore.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:32 AM

Welp, I didnt make my deadline, due to a deadbeat ebayer. My passenger's seat never got shipped, but other than I have all the parts for it. All the plastics got painted, but the painter decided to repaint the tail and tank after a couple of blems were discovered. After everything, I have just under $5000 into the bike total. Within a couple weeks it's getting a 520 conversion, Dunlop Qualifiers, and braided brake lines. I havent even plated it yet, and already it has a Ti Yosh RS-5, Hotbodies flushies and a CA taillight. I still need to make a tag mount, and I think I might send out the case covers, pillion pegs, and possibly the swingarm out for satin black powdercoat, since its still apart, and I prolly wont plate it till Jun17.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:59 AM

The bikes lookin awesome bro, I like the look of those fairings. post some more pics asap im keen to see it side on.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 AM

coming along nicely. keep us updated mate

Old 06-02-2006, 01:30 PM

track bike!

Old 06-09-2006, 02:06 AM

The latest pic. I guess my painter's buffer took a dump, so I got him a new one, should be done Monday at the latest!!

It's all ready to go, changed the oil and filter again, and Im running Spectro synthetic in it. I think Im gonna put Dunlop Qualifiers on it next week, but Ive been thinking about Pilot Powers also. Cant decide!!

I'll bring my better camera next week when its all done, but you guys can see it at Strats on the 21st!

Old 06-09-2006, 10:05 AM

looks really good. I want to see it all together, but by the looks of your old bike I bet this one will be super clean too.

-Jesse-

Search this Thread