Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

my new 2000 dollard dog

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my new 2000 dollard dog

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Ever notice people call Glocks, "polymer construction?" When you pay more for something you call it by it's technical name. A glock isn't plastic, it's made from high-strentgh, low-density polymers, ROFLMAO.
Good point! Since the prices of gas are so high, next time I go buy it I'm going to askfor$50 worth ofa complex blend of hundredsofhydrocarbons consisting of paraffins, olefins, napthenes, and aromatics on pump6, please!

Old 03-10-2008, 04:56 PM

Expensive dog, take good care of him, don't let anything harm the animal.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

ORIGINAL: rrasco

I trust no pit. I have one that runs around my neighborhood that my neighbor lets loose because shes 'friendly'. Im about to shoot it next time I see it. Granted, this dog has charged at me when I walked out of my house.
That's too bad. I know I am bias due to having a dog. And I know everyone has heard that it is not the breed, but the owners. I have had all types of dogs charge, and I dont blame it on the breed. When I was a kid, it was the Doberman's everyone was supposed to look out for. Never had a problem with one.
Take a chance to watch the Dog Whisperer show. Even if it is just for one episode. He proves that pit bulls are not bad dogs. He has a whole pack of pits who were fighters at one point in time. With proper re-training they do not show any type of aggression.

I know it is hard to change one's opinion on this subject, but please dont take it out on the breed. That is the same as having the public view sportbike riders as hooligans. Not fair.
I totally agree. However, keeping in mind these dogs are naturally more aggressive than other breeds. I don't think there is anything wrong with Pits, I just don't trust them because of their primal nature. Also realizing that more than likely most owners of aggressive breeds do not raise them properly. I do however slightly disagree that the breed does have something to do with it though, but any dog can be vicious no doubt.

Also, as a matter of a fact, I have watched Cesar a few times. I think its incredible how he can walk into a house with 2 rotts and put them into submission in a matter of seconds. Don't take my statements the wrong way, I love animals, Pits and Rotts included.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Banned

^For once I read all the posts all the way through and it worked!

I wasn't happy with your first comment, but I see where you're coming from. I was scared of all dogs, and still kind of am. But that's my weakness because I assume they're all gentle and want to be loved on by me - hehe, better hope I'm right!

I always felt like I had a connection with animals. I'm not sure if maybe everyone hears it, but I'm always the guy people say, "they never like anybody but they love you!" I dunno, maybe everyone hears that.

I wanna be a dog whisperer.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:54 PM

I had my *** kicked by a Pit Bull when I was 15. Thing ****ed me up, 10 years later I still have the puncture scars in my thighs. One of the scariest things Ive been through. So yes, now Im definately bias towards Pits. Its funny though, I own a Rotti that will make you think hes human and throws off all stereotypes of them. Best friend Ive ever had.

Caught him mid-yawn...

Not me on the end...

Old 03-10-2008, 09:35 PM

A dogs personality is a reflection of it's environment (owner, etc.), unfortunately many pit bull owners are trying to portray the big tough guy persona and that is mirrored in the dogs behaviors as well. The thing many people don't unerstand is that pit fighting dogs were only bred to be dog aggressive in fact if a dog showed any aggression to a human they were to be put down so that trait would not be passed on. Obviously if a Pitbull were to attack it has the power to do serious damage and that is why these get such publicity and the toy poodle who does the same thing is never heard of. Anyways, my Amstaff is a big suck and does not warrant the labels that fear mongerers have placed on her. Lesson over class.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:41 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about sometimes I swear she's smiling at me.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Banned

Yeah, its funny. I can tell when he is confused, happy, mad that I am leaving, etc.....He even gets his bottom lip sticking out sometimes. I have been trying like hellto catch it on my camera, but he sucks it back in before I can snap the pic.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:01 AM
Banned

I trust no pit. I have one that runs around my neighborhood that my neighbor lets loose because shes 'friendly'. Im about to shoot it next time I see it.
+1...My buddy has pit bulls he hunts pigs with, they seem like good dogs, but I don't trust them either. If I had a pit bull running loose in my neighbor hood I'd giveit a hamburger with a little ground upglass in it.

I don't mind a vicious chihuahua, but a potentiallymean 80lb dog has to go.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

If I had a pit bull running loose in my neighbor hood I'd giveit a hamburger with a little ground upglass in it.

I don't mind a vicious chihuahua, but a potentiallymean 80lb dog has to go.
Ignorance at its best!!!

Edit. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Quick Reply: my new 2000 dollard dog