CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   My First CBR 1000rr video! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/my-first-cbr-1000rr-video-149980/)

sickcbr1k 11-11-2013 11:20 AM

My First CBR 1000rr video!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Over the weekend I decided to film and make a little video of my spirited ride through the backwoods of Asheville, NC! It's not much, but I most certainly had fun filming it!

IF YOU ARE USING A MOBILE DEVICE, CLICK "CBR1000rr Weekend Warm up" AT THE TOP OF VIDEO FRAME.

Enjoy!!

74demon 11-11-2013 11:45 AM

Looks like you had a good time.
Next time a little less of your butt and more of the road...:D

How can you stand not having your hair tied back? I need to use at least 4 ties and it still is a pain to brush out!

(Moved to S&S)

sickcbr1k 11-11-2013 01:16 PM

haha point taken...i wanna get more road shots for sure!! And my hair is always a tangled mess after riding, i need hair bows for sure! Thanks for watching

madmikenz 11-11-2013 02:04 PM

quick tip for dropping in..
You look from your video that your lifting yourself up and moving to the side when you drop into the corner.
not a bad idea when your going quick but heres a little tip.
If you want to drop in smooth instead of lifting your but up, and then coming back down off to the side. what you need to do is learn to use pressure on the outside leg to slide yourself across the seat.
What this does is gives a smoother transition and constant balance of grip for you to work with.

the smoother you can enter a corner with a balanced bike the faster it will be.

Ahh the joys of learning to ride on crazy little 2 stroke hypo roadbikes. but it does teach you how to be smooth or it bites

sickcbr1k 11-11-2013 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by madmikenz (Post 1257525)
quick tip for dropping in..
You look from your video that your lifting yourself up and moving to the side when you drop into the corner.
not a bad idea when your going quick but heres a little tip.
If you want to drop in smooth instead of lifting your but up, and then coming back down off to the side. what you need to do is learn to use pressure on the outside leg to slide yourself across the seat.
What this does is gives a smoother transition and constant balance of grip for you to work with.

the smoother you can enter a corner with a balanced bike the faster it will be.

Ahh the joys of learning to ride on crazy little 2 stroke hypo roadbikes. but it does teach you how to be smooth or it bites

Thank you sir! I'm always eager to learn better techniques! I'll try that out this evening

madmikenz 11-11-2013 02:41 PM

Awesome video though dude...

Yeah let me know how you get on...
you will know if it feels right.

sickcbr1k 11-11-2013 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by madmikenz (Post 1257530)
Awesome video though dude...

Yeah let me know how you get on...
you will know if it feels right.

Just got off the bike and tried it out...i cornered a lot smoother and it felt as if i took an extra step out of my cornering process! I have all of Keith codes books so i should have known better ;) Doing so also made me realize even more that i need to get some tank grips asap! Wax is definitely a dual sided sword lol

RydnaCBR 11-15-2013 09:50 AM

Nice vid... I like all the different camera angles that you used for the vid... Looks like a nice collection of corners... Bravo...

sickcbr1k 11-26-2013 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by RydnaCBR (Post 1257922)
Nice vid... I like all the different camera angles that you used for the vid... Looks like a nice collection of corners... Bravo...

Thank you sir! it's greatly appreciated! im trying to make another while dodging all this cold mountain weather! :icon_brr:

RydnaCBR 11-26-2013 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by sickcbr1k (Post 1258774)
Thank you sir! it's greatly appreciated! im trying to make another while dodging all this cold mountain weather! :icon_brr:

No problem... Just sayin' it like I see it... Be careful in the cold...