CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   Motorcycle Fun Current Challenge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/motorcycle-fun-current-challenge-110314/)

74demon 08-15-2013 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by gunslinger1274 (Post 1246248)
I had 5 Guys the other night, for the first time ever. Pretty damn good.

Five guy's is good, but really expensive for fast food. In-N-Out is better (anyone that has had one will agree) and you can get a Double-double (double meat, double cheese) for $3.20 and it's awesome!

Edit: Seems all the current rankings have In-N-Out #1 to Five guys at #2. Word is getting out...
Both are great burgers though.

splash 08-15-2013 06:36 PM

CURRENT CHALLENGE: YB NT a terrible restaurant

Originally Posted by vfrman (Post 1246186)
Does McDonalds count?

bad is what you think is bad.

there is a 5 Guys around here. I'll have to try it next.
have been to Smashburger but didn't wow me.
No In-N-Out :(
Shake Shack gets a lot of buzz but not been there either.

kiwi TK 08-16-2013 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by gunslinger1274 (Post 1246248)
I had 5 Guys the other night, for the first time ever. Pretty damn good.

Sorry guys, but I had to read that a couple of times before I got the context.

We don't have that brand in NZ, so it did come across as a bit of a random boast initially.

vfrman 08-17-2013 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK (Post 1246309)
Sorry guys, but I had to read that a couple of times before I got the context.

We don't have that brand in NZ, so it did come across as a bit of a random boast initially.

LMAO!!! My mind didn't go there until you pointed it out.

74demon 08-17-2013 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I present to you the "S.S. Burger Basket."
Greasy, poor quality food in the most disgusting environment.

Attachment 31627
--------------------------
review 1
"First lets say I read the reviews and it seemed OK. So we drove and ate here. I have to say it looked like a old building that should have been torn down. I had to use the rest room before I ate and that was a fail. With all the graffiti I felt like I was down town L.A. It was not very clean either.

After ordering I paid over 20.00 I thought that was a bit much. I said to myself if it was that much it must be good with all the great reviews. When we sat down two Vatos came in and started talking about stupid stuff. Please understand I have two kids with me and they said the F word like 34 Times. I stopped counting after that.

After we got the food I was like nice sizes. This might be ok. My bad it was not. I ordered a combo and had to ask for my fries. Fail # 2 After telling them no tomatoes I still got tomatoes. Fail #3 The burger tasted ok. Not the best or very fresh. Fail #4 I for once I got a burger but the wife took on the Carne asada burrito. That had to be poorest meat ever. It was god awful and tasted so bad. Fail #5 I was going to give this place a 2 but after tasting the Carne asada they just flat out FAIL!

For the money I spent here I would have rather drove the extra 3 miles and gone to Farmer Boys and got better tasting food and sat at a clean table with a bathroom that didn't look like a down town L.A. gas station.

PS my tummy really hurts after eating here!"
---------------------------------
review 2:
"There's not much to say about this place. It's an OK place for an average burger, but their "Gyro(s)" was probably the most disgusting thing I ever tasted. Restrooms are horrible.

Went with wife - my dbl. cheeseburger and fries was OK, her gyro sandwich was just a fried Spam(!!!) that tasted like an old tire. Fries are "meh" - previously frozen tasteless junk.

Wanted to wash my hands before meal, but ended up using our bottled water instead - guess they clean their restrooms twice a year (at best).

So: 3.5 stars for my burger; -2 for the gyro/tire Spam thingy and horrible restrooms. TOTAL: 1.5* (never again)

If you're looking for a burger, your best bet would be McD or In n Out."
----------------------------------

Next challenge: YBNT an oversize number.
Not value, but physical size. The bigger the better!

splash 08-17-2013 10:26 PM

nice 1 demon. order anything?

^ lol @ TK. thought I heard they were coming to your neighborhood.
I think this is the logo they are using.
http://templatefrees.com/wp-content/...ve-300x283.jpg

NEXT CHALLENGE: YB NT an oversize number

kiwi TK 08-18-2013 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by splash (Post 1246470)
^ lol @ TK. thought I heard they were coming to your neighborhood.
I think this is the logo they are using.
http://templatefrees.com/wp-content/...ve-300x283.jpg

Lamb burgers ... yum

Thanks to you and VFRMan, good to see some people still have a sense of humor.

jmeekman 08-21-2013 01:31 PM

So this is an interesting challenge... I was riding around a couple days ago looking for an "oversized number" and I kept wanting to out do myself... I would see a number that seemed quite large... but then I would think... naaaaaa, I can do better than that! Until I found myself back at home with no picture, Damn! ;)

Is anyone close on this?

Mattson 08-21-2013 01:39 PM

Searched high and low for two days after work on my way home -nothing.

Hoping I would still be in Estonia, could just go get some gas from one of these:

http://maru.ee/cms-data/_reference_p...tse-medium.jpg

74demon 08-21-2013 01:42 PM

Get what you can get. There is room for interpretation on this one. I'd say anything larger than a gas station price number is fine.

I was thinking along the lines of a 7-eleven, super 8, motel 6, price ad in a window....