Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Any Hendrix fans out there!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Hendrix fans out there!?

The following users liked this post:
Doc Samson (07-16-2021)
Old 07-16-2021, 06:38 AM
Welcome crew
Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts

Definitely, although I don't listen to him as often as I did in my younger days. I was reorganizing my CD's yesterday and realized I own more Hendrix than any other group/artist, although Johnny Cash and Monster Magnet are closing in!

Looks like a great area to ride! Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-19-2021, 04:54 AM
Welcome crew
Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by decovamber
I fell in love with his music as I began my psychedelic journey. His music, I believe, was very much created (not only) for tripping but also can be appreciated to the fullest extent when on a psychedelic. It guides you and brings out ideas and thoughts that are very deep and spiritual. As a Hendrix fam, what are your thoughts on psychedelics? A lot of his music, both the lyrics and guitar playing was undoubtedly inspired by psychedelics.
Hmmm. I think psychedelics can certainly influence what is already there but are not "the source" of creativity. Seen too many people ruining their lives thinking they just weren't doing enough drugs to get creative, musically or otherwise. OTOH, when used sparingly and responsibly, they can be quite useful/fun, particularly the natural sources...

Hearkening back to my youth, I HATED the Grateful Dead. Took my first trip and a friend put them on the CD player. I fell in love... but that was a loooong time ago... lol.

Old 12-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by decovamber
I fell in love with his music as I began my psychedelic journey. His music, I believe, was very much created (not only) for tripping but also can be appreciated to the fullest extent when on a psychedelic. It guides you and brings out ideas and thoughts that are very deep and spiritual. As a Hendrix fam, what are your thoughts on psychedelics? A lot of his music, both the lyrics and guitar playing was undoubtedly inspired by psychedelics.
What a lot of people misunderstood about hendrix is that the drugs caused or influenced the music, not at all! Hendrix regularly played his guitar for hours per day, many others report finding him sleeping with guitar in hand. His talent and hear created his music along with hours of practice. Keep in mind, Hendrix had only been playing the guitar for only 8 years when he made his first album! Although he did a lot, the drugs were only secondary......Also he did NOT put acid in his head band while he played like a lot of people believe.