Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Moto GP 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moto GP 2009

Okay.

Me and my hommies decided to attend MOTO GP this year. We got the tickets and hotel booked were ready. The only thing is I've/we never been and dont know what to expect. Can someone elaborate on this? I know its gone be off the chain and we gone kick it.(i hope)

Old 08-21-2009, 02:45 PM

Well don't talk like that because no one will understand you...lol. Just go and have fun. Have you been to any sort of race before? Keep your eyes on the track, as soon as you take them off you'll miss a great pass or something. And bring lots of money!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:00 PM

Try to make it all of the days if you can. There is lot's to see and do and you can make it around to everything easier on Friday and Saturday. That's also when lines for the factory demo rides are shorter. If you're talking about Indy the best place to watch is not on the front straight where you would think people would be. The best viewing is on all of the grass mounds where you can see the turns; that's where crashes and passes occur. Also, don't ignore the smaller bikes like the 125 and 250 classes; they're also fun to watch and have some close racing. Just have fun taking in the whole experience!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by shawnyc01f4i
Well don't talk like that because no one will understand you...lol. Just go and have fun. Have you been to any sort of race before? Keep your eyes on the track, as soon as you take them off you'll miss a great pass or something. And bring lots of money!
No I have not been to any sort of race like this before. This will actually be the first time for me. This is why im so excited to go/attend. Heard nothing but good things from other people. As far as money I dont have a lot of that if i did i probably would go broke but I will try to have fun with the little i have. I wll be taking a lot of pics.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by cincyrider
Try to make it all of the days if you can. There is lot's to see and do and you can make it around to everything easier on Friday and Saturday. That's also when lines for the factory demo rides are shorter. If you're talking about Indy the best place to watch is not on the front straight where you would think people would be. The best viewing is on all of the grass mounds where you can see the turns; that's where crashes and passes occur. Also, don't ignore the smaller bikes like the 125 and 250 classes; they're also fun to watch and have some close racing. Just have fun taking in the whole experience!
Thanks! For all the great info. We plan on attending this event Saturday and Sunday. I wish we could get there and attend that Friday as well but work will not allow that. Yes I will try to view all possible angles as possible and I am not going to ignore the smaller bikes, I want to enjoy all. I Love it on TV when I can catch it. DEMO Rides?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:19 PM

Some factories offer FREE demo rides to anyone who has a motorcycle license. They won't let you ride unless you're wearing long pants and you of course have to where a helmet. Most even have helmets that they let people borrow. Last year I rode two different Buells. I remember KTM and Harley were also there with demo bikes. The rides aren't little parking lot things either. They took us around the city and we rode for about 30 to 40 minutes! We never got to go very fast unfortunately. It's kind of scary riding an unfamiliar bike in thick raceday traffic.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 PM

The track is huge so bring good comfortable shoes.

Prepare for possible rain.

Go everyday, but look around the city for other events. Last year the xdl stunt show in downtown indy was fun to see and they also had xgames motocross riders in another part of the city which was a good time.

If you're in to collecting riders signatures/posters bring a card board tube to store posters in.