CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   Lucky (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/lucky-148215/)

Conrice 07-25-2013 06:42 PM

Lucky

I know there are a ton of accidents that happen every day...

But I went to FSU, I love it there (Tallahassee), and I'm a huge college football fan. I don't know how many of you follow college ball, but FSU's Nick O'Leary (starting tight end) was involved in an accident. If you love golf, it's jack nicklaus' grandson who was riding. It's also weird when you see a crash on a road that you've been on many, many times. I'm glad he's alright. Not because he's a football player or anything, but I don't want to see anyone get hurt on a bike.

It's amazing he wasn't more hurt. A foot either way of where he made contact - and he would more than likely be dead (hitting the a pillar of car or hitting the front window of bus). As you can see, he got up and walked away from it. It's even more amazing considering the lack of proper gear.

Also, the other big story there is there was a student who was in dispute with the driver over his fare. He had his bicycle on the front of the bus - if he had not had that dispute, he would have most likely been hit by the motorcycle unload his bike!

Jimbo Fisher "He had wrecked that doggone scooter and was banged up for a month."

raylee 07-25-2013 06:45 PM

Holy moly! Glad he made it through.

Sebastionbear1 07-25-2013 06:48 PM

Wow!

On the view down the back of the bus, is that his helmet you can see rolling on the ground?

SB

splash 07-25-2013 07:12 PM

paused it at point of impact and it looks like he is wearing a baseball cap and sandals. got really lucky to walk away.

no idea what the car was trying to do.

Conrice 07-25-2013 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by splash (Post 1243090)
paused it at point of impact and it looks like he is wearing a baseball cap and sandals. got really lucky to walk away.

No idea about the helmet, but for sure - He's wearing sandals.

RydnaCBR 07-29-2013 05:34 PM

Yikes... Glad he wasn't seriously hurt... but I don't see how he wasn't... I also see a ball cap... Man, my skin turns red just watching it...

singram 07-30-2013 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by splash (Post 1243090)

IDK, at 0:19, you can clearly see what resembles a helmet rolling around on the street out the right side window of the bus. But maybe it was strapped to the back of the bike.

Though the car driver was obviously at fault, that accident was 100% easily avoidable by the rider. He made absolutely no attempt to avoid a stationary object in his path he had to have seen from a looonng straightaway. Matter of fact, he actually aimed the bike between the nose of the car and the front of the bus. Looks to me like the typical noob target fixation due to lack of experience.:icon_shrug: