Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Kneedrag for fun video

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the elbow drag, keep up with the vids, I enjoy em.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:26 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

this is why i will never post up any vids here. i just dont understand why people hate so much. if you are into gear so much, stop everyone that rides bicycles and start telling them to wear helmets and knee and elbow pads as well.

every time i get out on the road i think about the possibility of getting hurt that day and i will put my helmet on and my gloves. but i ride to work and back, i dont need to hot and uncomfortable. it is my decision to do so, and everyone that i see on the road has made simular decision. only few riders i see have more than i just said, good for you. when i can afford expansive gear i will buy it, for now its basics.

i love the vids.... keep posting, its nice to see someone sharing their fun with others.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by motorcycle5
Its a language thing. A language problem. A guy might start out wanting to touch his knee and then learn a lot more important things along the way. The first time I ever tried it I took my high side foot off the peg to make it easier ..and I was still pretty scared. But I look back on that moment with a smile, for sure not with self ridicule. Some dudes on this thread act as if each experience needs to embody some great purity of purpose or something. As if once you contort your body to touch a knee you are forever imprisoned in douche-ville and can never escape. I dont need to prove anything, and I can look at the track day vid I posted on this thread and be comfortable with my style and body position ON THE TRACK. I ride with the fast group.
I'm confident enough to post videos that show maybe a particular point in my learning (leaning!) and can handle fools who live to stereotype a moment in time.
Heres another moment to pigeon-hole. I filmed this in 2006. Bike was a 1993 cbr600 F2 and the tires were regular Pilot Powers. Enjoy ..if you can overcome your self righteous posturing:

(btw: i have one of those leather sleeves on my elbow, and its an edit of 6-10 passes on the bike.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjR5uQoKNQ
Hah - this is cool.

Last edited by regener8ed; 05-31-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: quote not rendering correctly
Old 05-31-2011, 04:33 PM

nice vids bro! great roads! btw how tall are you?! you seem very tall

Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 PM

I saw a youtube video where some dude was assuming the role of guru and explaining to everyone what the correct kneedown body position is. He used photos of pro riders to demonstrate. If it needed explaining: the tires in my vid are so primitive compared to high tech race slicks its like night and day. Rossi has said, "you can be down on power a little and still compete, but if your tires are not as good as the others you are facked". In the mountain vid my head is over the tank and not down lower and to the side, so in theory that is bad form. But I am also on a public street and I am not trying to go as fast as I possibly can (because it would be too dangerous) so my incorrect form is correct for me.

The elbow vid has the same primitive rubber as the mountain vid but since its an empty parking lot and I'm only in 2nd gear, *I am* trying to go as fast as I can! For the radius I am on I do not think I could possibly go any faster, and it shows by the upper body and head being off to the lowside (even though my butt is still only half way off the seat, as in the mountain vid.)

For what its worth I didnt make either vid with youtube in mind. The mountain vid was put together to send to a girl rider I know (whoes nickname is Larry and appears in the titles) and the elbow vid I filmed 3 years before deciding to edit some parts together and upload it. Its kind of fun to get hits and think of people watching, but the amount of garbage on youtube equals the cool stuff.

Anyway, cheers, thanks for watching.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
nice vids bro! great roads! btw how tall are you?! you seem very tall
thanks man. tall? me?? i dunno ..is 6'11" tall?
nah i'm just jokin with you. i am 5'11" or 6'.
i think my legs might be a tiny bit longer than the world average for my height. or maybe my kneecaps extend out further than most people (!?)

Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 PM

vids are cool.i think if you wanna drag knee do it .if your at the track trying to dragg knee your goig to be slow. there is no need to try. knee is just a gauge. im not bashing you . vids are coolmy only gripe is if you wanna drag knee on the street id be wearing a suuit. street is scary compared to the track