Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Kneedrag for fun video

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alrighty... Been watching the thread from the beginning and now my

If this were in the Riding Skills section, I'd have already closed the thread and had a quiet chat with motorcycle5. But it's not and it's arguably no worse than some of the other vids I've seen here of y'all in the twisties (do y'all really think we need to see the speedo to know you're over 35? ).

Y'all sufficiently preached gear now enjoy the vid and carry on

Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Alrighty... Been watching the thread from the beginning and now my

If this were in the Riding Skills section, I'd have already closed the thread and had a quiet chat with motorcycle5. But it's not and it's arguably no worse than some of the other vids I've seen here of y'all in the twisties (do y'all really think we need to see the speedo to know you're over 35? ).

Y'all sufficiently preached gear now enjoy the vid and carry on

Oh hey there Kuro, how ya doing?

But in all seriousness, I thought the point of the video was enjoyment not criticism??

Old 05-25-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
This picture reminds me of this thread. Dragging knee like this is completely and totally unnecessary for the speed and physics...this guy is whoring it up for the camera and looks like a total douche bag doing it.

This thread is ridiculous.
You're right. I noticed right away the guy seemed to be trying to touch his knee to the pavement whether it was necessary or not. I can see exactly what you're trying to say. Still, it's not that big of a deal.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:51 PM

This picture reminds me of this thread. Dragging knee like this is completely and totally unnecessary for the speed and physics...this guy is whoring it up for the camera and looks like a total douche bag doing it.

This thread is ridiculous.
LOL... he is just showing his "human kick stand" skills! When he parks his bike like that it doubles the value, especially when he does it on the road!

Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Oh hey there Kuro, how ya doing?

But in all seriousness, I thought the point of the video was enjoyment not criticism??
That's what I thought the point was too. Just trying to get the thread back onto enjoying the vid

In all seriousness after all, if anyone had thought that it was a real issue I'd have expected them to do their civic duty to CBRF and used the Report Post button. Instead of trying to take a hammer to the OP themselves

Old 05-25-2011, 10:02 PM

Dragging a knee isn't a goal, it's a side effect.
this

Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 PM

Its a language thing. A language problem. A guy might start out wanting to touch his knee and then learn a lot more important things along the way. The first time I ever tried it I took my high side foot off the peg to make it easier ..and I was still pretty scared. But I look back on that moment with a smile, for sure not with self ridicule. Some dudes on this thread act as if each experience needs to embody some great purity of purpose or something. As if once you contort your body to touch a knee you are forever imprisoned in douche-ville and can never escape. I dont need to prove anything, and I can look at the track day vid I posted on this thread and be comfortable with my style and body position ON THE TRACK. I ride with the fast group.
I'm confident enough to post videos that show maybe a particular point in my learning (leaning!) and can handle fools who live to stereotype a moment in time.
Heres another moment to pigeon-hole. I filmed this in 2006. Bike was a 1993 cbr600 F2 and the tires were regular Pilot Powers. Enjoy ..if you can overcome your self righteous posturing:

(btw: i have one of those leather sleeves on my elbow, and its an edit of 6-10 passes on the bike.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjR5uQoKNQ[/youtube]

Last edited by motorcycle5; 05-25-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent

I thought the point of the video was enjoyment not criticism??
Yep, I thought so.

Originally Posted by Timr
it's not that big of a deal.
The valid part of your post.

OP: Elbow drag!

Old 05-26-2011, 07:49 AM

Everybody cool now? I'm cool, are you cool?

Hey motorcycle5 nice vids!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:09 AM

Those roads are sick dude. Both videos u posted are sick. Not everyone can afford a complete leather suit after buying their bike and ill be damned if i stop riding because i cant spend 900 on a decent suit. im definately gonna make some of those knee sliders.

if this isnt the best example lets see some knee dragging videos that demonstrate the correct way!

Last edited by Michaud85; 05-30-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Kneedrag for fun video