Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Kindergarten journalism

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kindergarten journalism

Just wanted to congratulate KSL, the mormon-owned media conglomerate, on its ability to print misleading, amateurish, professionally opinionated "news stories"... http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4063...mp;autostart=y

I don't believe the tag line "...and it was all caught on tape" has been used since the eighties; the term "bullet bike" was inserted a staggering three times. The author, Mr. Marc Giauque, also referred to the suspect as "the guy on the bike", and instead of probing for actual details, like a real journalist, Mr. Giauque elected to summarize his finger-painting crayon fest with: It didn't work out for him in real life. Troopers say he's lucky to be alive, especially because he wasn't wearing a helmet or a shirt. Now Savino is facing some serious charges.

Right...because shirts save lives.

What charges? What exactly happened Marc? You don't know? What is your job exactly?

Old 08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Default RE: Kindergarten journalism

"If you blinked you might have missed it." Bawhahahahaha What a stupid bitch. Took 3 mississippi's for him to pass by the camera.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to congratulate the biker for being an idiot AND a moron. He thought he was being cool and look what he did to the car with the kids in it. I could care less about the media, the biker is an asshat for endangering people like that.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:37 PM

^ i agree. +1000

but at the same time wtf? this is crapy journalism and makes all bikes sound ridiculous. bullet bike? wtf is that? makes us sound like we drive to kill people. this is a dumb article, dumb journalist, and an even more dumb biker. im glad he didnt die (how i dont know) but he prob deserved to. what an "asshat"- theX, cbrforum.com.

haha

Old 08-25-2008, 06:38 AM

If it bleeds... it leads. Facts are irrelevant. The media is not here to educate the public. Their job is to create ratings. (Sarcasm/ soapbox OFF now) The rider was an ID10T "acting out a video game fantasy" YGBMFSM!!!????

The News anchors should all be "promoted" to janitorial staff.

WOW that was painful to watch talk about half assed reportingda,mn

Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 PM

whew, i dont see how people ride around w/out helmets, my state mandates that you wear a helmet but if i was in a state that didnt, i.e. south carolina, i would still wear one, i rode on the strip at myrtle beach once without a helmet and had the uneasiest felling, even though i was only goin 20mph, but still fast enough to kill you....

i see a million scooter riders wearing helmets w/out the chin strap fastened, im thinking, if you go down, theres a good chance that oversized helmet is just gonna pop off and your head is gonna explode over the hard surface it comes into contact with

Old 08-25-2008, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: volcomrr

whew, i dont see how people ride around w/out helmets, my state mandates that you wear a helmet but if i was in a state that didnt, i.e. south carolina, i would still wear one, i rode on the strip at myrtle beach once without a helmet and had the uneasiest felling, even though i was only goin 20mph, but still fast enough to kill you....

i see a million scooter riders wearing helmets w/out the chin strap fastened, im thinking, if you go down, theres a good chance that oversized helmet is just gonna pop off and your head is gonna explode over the hard surface it comes into contact with
And that's why I don't respect the scoot scoot crowd. Bunch of dumb ****s who think that because it's not big and loud, it's not dangerous.