Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

The Kentucky Kid movie??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Kentucky Kid movie??

this isn't the same as DTK, this is a 2 hour MTV special following Nicky around from the end of 06 through part of 07
it was pretty good

Old 11-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, really? I'm going to have to DVR that then. Sorry for the confusion guys. I read "Kentucky Kid" and went "OOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOO, I can help!"

Old 11-18-2007, 12:33 AM

it was a good video kinda gave an insight of him and motogp.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

I got it on my DVR. I fell asleep during the last 30 mins. Honestly, I root for Nicky because he's American and rides for Honda, but he's a hillbilly.
Travel tends to broaden da mind so I wouldn't just toss him da Hillbilly class. Don't get me wrong he might be redneck hillbilly but I got faith in Nicky that he's a cool cat!!

Old 11-18-2007, 12:07 PM

I drooled when they showed the garage with the all the family's winning bikes in it, including the Repsol Honda that he rode to the MGP championship. He was smart to specify in his contract that he would get to keep the bike. I wonder if he ever still rides it...

Old 11-18-2007, 01:21 PM

Yeah, I agree. I don't EVER watch MTV. It's lame. I remember reading something in, I think it was Roadracing World, IDK and then seeing something on his website about the whole MTV program. I figured that I'd watch it and see how it was. That WAS the best thing that MTV's aired since, well, IDK, nothing. I couldn't quite figure out if he came across as being a hillbilly or a wannabe black guy. I didn't record it but here's what I could dig up for you guys http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1573916&vid=189081. There arelike 9 or so different clips. Enjoy!

Old 11-18-2007, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

I drooled when they showed the garage with the all the family's winning bikes in it, including the Repsol Honda that he rode to the MGP championship. He was smart to specify in his contract that he would get to keep the bike. I wonder if he ever still rides it...
He said he was going to ride it in the parade next year...

I dvr'ed the mtv special and I thought it was pretty good.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Retired Administrator

That'd be a pain in the a$$ bike to try to keep. I mean I would have done the same and had it in the contract (wonder if all/most riders do that).. but it's all protoype parts. So when something breaks on the engine... good luck.

05RR "hillbilly or a wannabe black guy". How could you put that together. He does have a big country accent, but he's not a hillbilly.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins
05RR "hillbilly or a wannabe black guy". How could you put that together. He does have a big country accent, but he's not a hillbilly.
Ya know I'd just say he was down. He seems like a chill "Kentucky Kid".

Old 11-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Retired Administrator

No self respectin hilly billy would be caught dead on a jap bike. I guess living in appalachia, I see the different categories of red neck, hilly billy and country boys. Nicky is just a small town country boy.

Quick Reply: The Kentucky Kid movie??