Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Its just up the road and back... (GRAPHIC!)

Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Its just up the road and back... (GRAPHIC!)

How many of us think this??? How many of us need to rethink this???

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,19460.50.html !!Warning, photos are GRAPHIC!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch...thats exactly why im so afraid to ride with passengers... i catch my self about to lowside alot and im afraid with one, i mite actually fall

Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the reminder.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My girlfriend is already banished from my bike and I'm considering a vanity plate, 1RIDER, if its availible.

As for gear the only time I haven't worn it is when moving the bike from my driveway to the street. Don't remember who said it but it was here and I say it all the time: "If it's too hot for gear, its too hot to ride"

Can add a new one to that: If its too short for gear... WALK

Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting the link. Holy ****, that guy is so lucky to be alive. It just validates why I wear all my gear, even if I am only going 4km's to the gym or to work. Better to be safe than sorry. I could never let my wife on the back of my bike, without giving her my best gear to protect her.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 AM

I've always been iffy about putting my gf on the back for the fact that we got a kid together. And what if ... a kid needs two parents. IMO. So imagine not having any!!
But now, I don't think I ever want to put her on the back again!! Very sobering story! Not like I haven't heard or seen other crashes (been in two myself) but .......
PSA ... Wear your gear at all times!!!

Old 09-05-2009, 12:43 PM

Wow. That was a good post... Sort of.

I ONLY ride on roads I know when I drive others. Obviously nothing is bullet proof, but if you are going to drive someone else, I would stay on roads you know like the back of your hand.

Like someone on that original thread had said; thanks for this. I was starting to feel sort of invincible lately- this was definitely a sobering read/ visual.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:20 PM

that right arm looked Helllllaa nasty... but im pretty sure his ego was the one that got messed up the most.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 AM

Road rash just plain hurts. Picking the rocks and other road debris out of the wound and trying to clean it up is painful. Then the area scabbing over and all the hair on the arm or leg sticking in the wound... the puss leaking and then the itchy fresh growing skin sensation... not fun at all. It takes weeks for the skin to re-grow. I found it best to leave the wound open to the air so it would stay dry. Getting back on the bike while you are healing aggrivates the wound but is good for the spirits.
I wish I could say I never experienced it and that describing the weeks of recovery could prevent someone else from riding without gear. Experiences can be shared but pain can not. Gear up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Its just up the road and back... (GRAPHIC!)