Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Honda Impossible Dream

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honda Impossible Dream

Ive got two bikes and will always stick with Honda bikes. But I will never own a Honda car. I hate them. But thats just me.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:12 PM

That video touched me in ways that are illegal in most states...

Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Ive got two bikes and will always stick with Honda bikes. But I will never own a Honda car. I hate them. But thats just me.
Just asking but why the bikes and the hatered for the cars?

Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 PM

i love each and every honda product and my body will be adorned in tattoos as a monument to the legacy that is honda! i have owned nothing but hondas and will own only hondas till the day i die. and oh yeha i want that hot air balloon lol

Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car's license plate frame says "My other Honda is a CBR600RR"

Old 03-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Banned

Two things;

The only vehicle they showed that reall hasn't changed much is the Goldwing.

And why the hell is that bastard so lucky that he got to romp all those toys?!

Old 03-24-2007, 01:13 PM
VP

You have to know something about Honda to "get" this ad. It tells Soichiro Honda's life story symbolically...and it is utterly brilliant. As such, it is the ebst commercial I have ever seen:
-Soichiro Honda the outsider... the guy living in a trailer by the sea, an outsider.
-Soichiro the grease monkey...this guy looks like a grease monkey.
-The seagull in a nest tending to it's young...His dream in the earliest stages.
-Two Seagulls on the rock....Soichiro and Takeo Fujisawa (Honda's alter-ego)
-He begins his journey with a simple mini-bike...symbolic of the Honda Cub.
-The dogs chasing him as he sings "to fight the unbeatable foe"... the resistance that dogged him from MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry) and the Gakubatsu (Japanese old Boys network).
-The sheep moving together as a group... the Japanese culture of group over the individual. Meanwhile, he motors on by in the background on his individual journey past the group. Two horses overlooking the field in the background-...I haven't figured this part out yet.
-The succession of cars and bikes as they progress through advances in developement.
-The boat flying off the waterfall...his death.
-The balloon rising out of the mist, with him singing "to reach for the unreachable stars"...on his way to heaven and still dreaming. A Very Happy ending.
-Underlying the entire commercial is the humor of this guy singing like Andy Williams as he blasts down the road. Honda had a great sense of humor.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

You have to know something about Honda to "get" this ad. It tells Soichiro Honda's life story symbolically...and it is utterly brilliant. As such, it is the ebst commercial I have ever seen:
-Soichiro Honda the outsider... the guy living in a trailer by the sea, an outsider.
-The seagull in a nest tending to it's young...His dream in the earliest stages.
-The dogs chasing him as he sings "to fight the unbeatable foe"... the resistance that dogged him from MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry) and the Gakubatsu (Japanese old Boys network).
-The sheep moving together as a group... the Japanese culture of group over the individual. Meanwhile, he motors on by in the background on his individual journey past the group. Two horses overlooking the field in the background-...I haven't figured this part out yet.
-The succession of cars and bikes as they progress through advances in developement.
-The balloon rising out of the mist, with him singing "to reach for the unreachable stars"...on his way to heaven and still dreaming. A Very Happy ending.
-Underlying the entire commercial is the humor of this guy singing like Andy Williams as he blasts down the road. Honda had a great sense of humor.
Wow I'm impressed. We have a historian on our hands. Other than the progression of technology I have a new way at looking at this commercial.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-24-2007, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Wow I'm impressed. We have a historian on our hands. Other than the progression of technology I have a new way at looking at this commercial.[sm=smiley20.gif]
same here and no wi have learned more interesting facts about honda to annoy my girlfriend with lol an dyeah honda does have a kick *** sense of humour and as for why we cant have these commercials over here: the simple fact that not everybody is like us diehard honda heads and they wouldnt even begin to undersatnd what the hell the commercial was about and would then commence to bash honda "for making adumbass, retardedcommercial that made absolutelyno sense" (the immortal words of myignorant brother)and for honesty's sake ill admit i was confused as to the meaning of the commercial but wanted to learn what it actually meant...... so yeah props on the history lesson and i hope we all learned something from it.... i know i did lol

Old 03-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 especially after you learn the history. could the 2 horses represent ducati and moto guzzi? You know the italians and their stallions. Since in the early racing game thay were the only guys to even give honda a fight? Just a question is all.

Quick Reply: Honda Impossible Dream