CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   Hit & run...guy lost his finger. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/hit-run-guy-lost-his-finger-142623/)

estate4life 10-14-2012 09:09 PM

Hit & run...guy lost his finger.

Ok member, just like 30 minutes ago...6:30pm, I was riding....this guy on a bike pass me. I gave him the thumbs up and so did he waving back. When he was about 50yards in front of me, a car coming from opposing traffic made a left turn in front of him. Motorcycle clip the back section of the car. It was a hit and run, the car did not stop. There are like 3 witnesses including myself. We all gave a report to the police. I was able to locate the rear bumper that came off, and guess what, the license plate was on there. Unfortunately, I try to find rider's finger but couldn't. Hope those people were able to find it. It was a scary scene.....

Monster F3 10-14-2012 09:40 PM

Was he wearing gear?

kilgoretrout 10-14-2012 09:45 PM

Yeah, that's pretty f'd up, man. Hopefully he only lost his finger.

No gear?

estate4life 10-14-2012 10:13 PM

No gear man....police ask me how fast he's going? I was at speed limit 35mph....he squeeze past me quick, the car misjudge speed and try to beat him to the turn.

This is perfect example...ATGATT...I felt bad viewing it so closed, for sure he broke his arm, it was bending backwards man.

kilgoretrout 10-14-2012 10:19 PM

Yeah, that sucks man. Hopefully he pulls through.

And I hear ya. I saw a guy hit the front end of an f250 at speed. Same deal, the guy in the truck was trying to beat the turn.
Except the guy on the bike didn't make it at all.

99cbrf4600 10-15-2012 01:35 PM

I hate those people who try to beat lights like that. I got tapped by a pickup trying to make the light behind me a few years ago. I was luckier than that guy though. Pickup never stopped either.

74demon 10-15-2012 02:13 PM

Estate.... Of all the times not to have your gopro mounted on your bike! That video would have been something to see and would help him out in getting the scum that hit him.

estate4life 10-15-2012 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1197887)
Estate.... Of all the times not to have your gopro mounted on your bike! That video would have been something to see and would help him out in getting the scum that hit him.

Got ya...my gopro was out of battery & will take good few hours for a charge. To bad, but at least the car's license plate fell off. Police can find the car (owner) but difficult to proof whom was driving. I just got a call from a detective wanting my statement....I've afraid the guy didn't make it. I'll ask the detective later when he return my call.

74demon 10-15-2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life (Post 1197890)
....I've afraid the guy didn't make it.

That's too bad. Sorry to hear that...

Sprock 10-15-2012 10:18 PM

That sucks :( There's a family of hurting people there this evening. Terrible