Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Got Myself Some New Rearsets....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 12:57 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Myself Some New Rearsets....

Tuned traded me his for mine..

win....

Old 04-20-2011, 01:38 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Nice. I was thinking about if I need to get rearset to raise my feet up more. My knee doesn't go to where it supposed to go on the tank and left side get very hot

Old 04-20-2011, 02:29 PM

can aftermarket rearsets be adjusted so they are further back for a more aggressive seating position? if so, how drastically?

Old 04-20-2011, 02:31 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
can aftermarket rearsets be adjusted so they are further back for a more aggressive seating position? if so, how drastically?
I would think so, Z can answer that. But your aggressive seating position will be normal seating position for me. But I am used to riding stock one. So probably feel uncomfortable... I just hate having my knee getting hot though

Old 04-21-2011, 04:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends. Some are fixed at 1" up and 1" back like the Woodcrafts. Others that you find can be fully adjustable at a larger rate.
Talked to a youngkid about them at the dealership. Thought it would make him a better rider. But you could tell it would be for tooling around for show around the city. I would say be a aggresive rider first, then splurge the cash to any benefit out of them.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by underground-mpyre
Depends. Some are fixed at 1" up and 1" back like the Woodcrafts. Others that you find can be fully adjustable at a larger rate.
I agree with this much. They are adjustable. The whole tooling aorund aspect... Aftermarket Rearsets are made to raise the pegs so that when in an aggressive lean the pegs don't scrap the ground and have the possibilty of causing an accident, broken ankle from foot dragging or peg catching something on the asphalt and causing a low-side etc.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:57 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

this all depends on what rearsets you get.... the ones i have are not adjustable, the are just ligther, and has mounted pegs rather than pivot...

however alot of rearsets are adjustable several inches in different directions, i would say the most adjustable ones i know of are gilles... but your going to pay out the ace for something like that

when i say out the ace im talking like 500 bucks for gilles lol a little high if you ask me but hey they are the best

Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice trade LOL

Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice trade LOL

Old 04-21-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by __Z__
this all depends on what rearsets you get.... the ones i have are not adjustable, the are just ligther, and has mounted pegs rather than pivot...

however alot of rearsets are adjustable several inches in different directions, i would say the most adjustable ones i know of are gilles... but your going to pay out the ace for something like that

when i say out the ace im talking like 500 bucks for gilles lol a little high if you ask me but hey they are the best

BTW nice trade Z!

Quick Reply: Got Myself Some New Rearsets....