Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Got my sportbikecam

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my sportbikecam

Ok so it came in the mail today. Tomorrow morning I will go out to the .5miles of twisties that I have around my house and try to get a video of my crappy riding style! hahahaha

Mike

**Edit

Google finally approved my video so here it is. I'm warning you it's long and boring. I did try to make it a little more fun by adding some effects and music though. haha

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90834891&hl=en

Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Got my sportbikecam

Nice outlook on your riding skills.

can't wait to see the video. I'll put some of mine up if I ever find a site that lets me post large files.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Nice outlook on your riding skills.

can't wait to see the video. I'll put some of mine up if I ever find a site that lets me post large files.
large file hosting site

Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 PM

i plan on getting a viedo mount as well, but i'm not paying 90 bucks just for a peice of aluminum that vibrates like mad. I'll make my own over cap 4 screw mount for 5 bucks.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:40 PM

Don, go to YouTube.com free register and you can put upto a 500mb file that is where i uploaded my Dune riding Video(35mb)

Old 08-22-2006, 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

i plan on getting a viedo mount as well, but i'm not paying 90 bucks just for a peice of aluminum that vibrates like mad. I'll make my own over cap 4 screw mount for 5 bucks.
Dude...it's a great mount that doesn't vibrate like mad...look at the video that BrianAZ posted in my thread...it's steady as a rock...my camera has optical image stabilization which doesn't work for recording off a motorcycle, my camera will vibrate on any mount. The mount has three choices where you can attach the camera on the bracket and one is very close to the gas cap (probably 3 inches); in fact, I don't remember anyone ever complaining about the Sportbikecam.com mount. If you can find someone complaining about it post them up, but everyone I've seen loves them...you're just a hater cause you can't afford one!

Old 08-23-2006, 12:30 AM

I saw it. he was going like 50... i'm not impressed until it does the same @ 150.

Fretless, can you turn OFF the image stabilization, or is it an always on feature (which would painfully annoying)?

Old 08-23-2006, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

I saw it. he was going like 50... i'm not impressed until it does the same @ 150.

Fretless, can you turn OFF the image stabilization, or is it an always on feature (which would painfully annoying)?
I turned it off and it it didn't improve...I tried increasing the shutter speed and it didn't improve...it has to do with the way the optics in the lens reflect the image vs the digital reproduction...it's not worse than digital, it's just not good for recording on bouncing, vibrating, fast moving objects.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Retired Administrator

I had a nice $800 sony with the newest IS and it sucked. I took it back and trade in on a $300 JVC that looks great. If I can find a hosting place to put up large videos, I'll post some up.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I had a nice $800 sony with the newest IS and it sucked. I took it back and trade in on a $300 JVC that looks great. If I can find a hosting place to put up large videos, I'll post some up.
Did he miss my post or does he just have me on ignore..?..LoL