Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Glad I wasnt on the bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glad I wasnt on the bike

So I was driving today and all the sudden a woman in a jeep decides to try to kill me.... I was lucky enough to slam on the brakes and swerve which kept her from hitting me directly on the drivers door.. Totalled my car and her jeep.

she was trying to cross a 4 lane road in on felt swoop rather than stopping in the middle.. she got a ticket for failure to yield... I walked away without a scratch, just a bruised thigh.

Here are pics of my car...
http://cid-925b30c0791469c6.skydrive...lic/Poor%20Car

Old 07-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Glad you are okay. Was she okay too?

Hope her insurance give you a nice check!

Old 08-01-2009, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by supersnake83
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Glad you are okay. Was she okay too?

Hope her insurance give you a nice check!
She was alright claimed her shoulder was hurting.. Her insurance... Nationwide, says that until they talk to her that they cannot claim liability on it, she got charged for it so i figured that was enough to make them liable... We'll see if I dont hear anything by monday I am sending my insurance company to get them.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
I am sending my insurance company to get them.

Sick 'em boys!!!..haha...

glad to hear your alright...and meanwhile the bike was safe at home

Old 08-01-2009, 09:27 AM

So here's the thing i learned in this instance, the attorney for your city / county can be very useful in these instances.

I got in an accident turning left, I had waited for the light to turn yellow as I wasn't sure what a truck in the incoming lane was doing, truck stopped, I went, and got clipped by a car that had only moments ago been a good 1/4 mile away. Suffice to say she was at fault, her kid told the cops that she actually told him "hang on, we are gonna run this light". No ticket for me, but her insurance company wouldn't pay in full as I had performed an "improper lookout".

Fast forward to the part where my folks called the state attorney (they owned the car). About a month later, we get a call from the ladies insurance company saying they had reviewed the case, and decided they were in fact completely at fault. We got a little over 5 grand for a 96 VW Jetta VR6 with 225k on the clock.

So yeah, if the insurance gangsters try to stiff ya, get the government involved, it's nice when tax dollars work for ya instead of against ya.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by N4teTheGreat
So here's the thing i learned in this instance, the attorney for your city / county can be very useful in these instances.

I got in an accident turning left, I had waited for the light to turn yellow as I wasn't sure what a truck in the incoming lane was doing, truck stopped, I went, and got clipped by a car that had only moments ago been a good 1/4 mile away. Suffice to say she was at fault, her kid told the cops that she actually told him "hang on, we are gonna run this light". No ticket for me, but her insurance company wouldn't pay in full as I had performed an "improper lookout".

Fast forward to the part where my folks called the state attorney (they owned the car). About a month later, we get a call from the ladies insurance company saying they had reviewed the case, and decided they were in fact completely at fault. We got a little over 5 grand for a 96 VW Jetta VR6 with 225k on the clock.

So yeah, if the insurance gangsters try to stiff ya, get the government involved, it's nice when tax dollars work for ya instead of against ya.
thanks for the heads up... i am giving them till monday afternoon and i am getting someone involved.