Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Getting the look i want

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting the look i want

... not a bad looking street fighter. propz

Old 06-25-2007, 07:53 PM

Looks good, (although I'm more of a full fairing kind of guy)
I'd say leave the frame showing (Maybe anodize/paint it a dark red to go with your red/black concept) and either get a small black piece to cover the engine, or paint the engine flat black.
Also doing the swingarm and wheels in flat black would give it an even meaner look.

Keep in mind though at night you'll be even more invisible than we normaly are.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM

To each their own but it looks like your bike was dropped and you have parts on order.
I guess it's a work in progress. If you want the SF look you may want to open up the rear
end somehow. I'm curious without a windshield do you have problems with that? Seems like
you would take alot of bugs in the chest.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 PM

Looks good man, I dig it the way it is, I'd only think the more you do the better it'll look, to a point. I can appreciate any kind of ride thats had some work put into it, but yea, looks nice.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 PM

where did you get the belly pan?

Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Well, for the belly pan, i actually just cut the lower stock fairings. I need to clean them up a little still. im also going to make a little piece from fiberglass to cover the inside of the belly pan, make it smooth. As for the sprocket, i ended up finding a 46 tooth, so no red sprocket. its for sale now on craigslist. i am installing the 14tooth from tomorrow. yeah, id like to powdercoat the frame black, and perhaps have the engine black. I had a 65 chevy panel chopped 6" bagged, layin body, that was all flat black(all done by me, got burnt down, now doing a suburban the same way). Most recent ride was a jeep cherokee all black, black wheels, black windows, blacked out lights. Now i drive a reg cab short box black sonoma with a black grill, black tonneau, black lights soon. I love the all black look. Ill try to get more pics. Again, i love all comments, good or bad.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Fathead_03
Again, i love all comments, good or bad.

That's a great attitude right there. [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 06-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it, need more pics from other angles.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:47 PM

I love the streetfighter look. Your bike looks great, and it takes ***** to chop perfectly good fairings. Keep up the good work.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:19 AM

Holy **** that looks almost exactly like my F2.Mine had been laid down so I made it into a streetfighter to keep rebuild costs down. I did mine last summer and looks identical. I even cut the side farrings into a belly pan just like that. The only differences I can see is that I have the stock black wheels, a two brothers carbon pipe that I cut down a bit and bar end mirrors. If you want a really good aftermarket gauge look at the Veypor, I have it intalled and I love it. The bike looks good in my opinion, a little different from the crowd!