Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Finally found the balance point

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally found the balance point

Damn man, nice picture. If you were to put me on that bike, thats exactly what I look like in a wheelie, Bring it right up there to the balance point and ride it for a ways, Although, Hot or not, I wear my gear all the time no matter what, Actually its nicer to have the gear on because my skin isnt bakin in the sun.

I still dont have the brake control down yet and i have been doin staggered 2nd gear wheelies for about a year now. But I dont really do enough practicing to get it perfected.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:25 AM

*** yeah, great pic. Ive only had my bike 2 weeks and havent found the balance point yet,,,keep ****ting me self n putting it back down.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:00 PM

I am going to give it a few years before I try any wheelies, but I will burn my tires off for ya...]

Old 05-09-2006, 12:48 AM

hey man looks good!! did you change your sprockets or is that all stock? Just wonderin cause i have been practicing with my stock but i want to go -1 +2 on mine.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Not to jack the thread---but i found it tonite as well!!!

I had found it before, but never stayed there. Tonite i rode the longest wheelie of my life. My buddy on his R6 clocked it at 1.2 miles. The only reason i set it down was cuz i ran outta road. Nothin fancy, just a normal 3rd gear standup. But i've been grinnin all nite!!!

-Adam

Old 05-09-2006, 02:32 AM

well.. from trying to do wheelies on my behemoth Hurricane 1000.. I have to start in 1st gear, and i've just put a -1 front sprocket on it, big differance.. i've lifted the front end about 18" or so.. but I'm still not comforatable enough with it.. I've only started doing them about a week ago when i got a rear tire sticky enough to lift the fornt without doing a burnout right before... I also want to find a good piece of pavement and do a stoppie

Old 05-09-2006, 03:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Phildo05RR

hey man looks good!! did you change your sprockets or is that all stock? Just wonderin cause i have been practicing with my stock but i want to go -1 +2 on mine.

Yeah its -1 and +2

Old 05-09-2006, 03:51 AM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

Not to jack the thread---but i found it tonite as well!!!

I had found it before, but never stayed there. Tonite i rode the longest wheelie of my life. My buddy on his R6 clocked it at 1.2 miles. The only reason i set it down was cuz i ran outta road. Nothin fancy, just a normal 3rd gear standup. But i've been grinnin all nite!!!

-Adam
**** i cant ride mine that far. If i rode a 1.2 mile wheelie i would have a big grin too lol. I can ride them for almost a mile hopefully now that i got a new back tire on ill be able to go longer

Old 05-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Yeah it was weird. I accidentally hit the balance point alot harder than usual earlier in the nite, and went just past 12'oclock. That made me realize that while i had thought i was pretty close to 12's, i really had a little bit farther to go. So i said the hell with it, and just put it there. At first it felt like i was gonna fall over, but the really cool part is once it was there, it didn't take hardly any effort to KEEP it there. It was almost like it didn't want to go down. I even ran over some small dips in the road, and it just leaned forward or back, and came right back to the balance point. lol Then i rode it up a hill! haha we ran out of daylight, but i can't wait to get back out today. Hopefully i'll get a video up soon.

And yeah, i was cheezin all nite long. My girlfriend was like, "what the hell are you in such a good mood about? lol you've been smiling for like 3 hours!!!"

-Adam

Old 05-10-2006, 04:26 AM

DO people usually drop or fall when doing a wheelie?

Quick Reply: Finally found the balance point