Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Finally found the balance point

Old 05-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally found the balance point

Well i know alot of you dont stunt their bikes but i have found wheelies to be real fun. I have been trying them for about 2 months now taking it real slow and just doing it trick by trick. Sitdowns i got down to where i could ride them about a 1/2 mile they require much more brake work then standups. For the last week staggered standups in 2nd is what i have been trying to get down. Finally got into balance point and can ride them about mile now just thought i would share a pic

Old 05-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Default RE: Finally found the balance point

Sweet Bike, Looks great on two or one wheel.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:15 AM

get some leathers bro

Old 05-04-2006, 02:31 PM

yeah man I'm not into doing wheelies but please wear you're gear and wheelie to you're hearts content.
just remember it slows you're stopping speed by heeps of time so make sure to do it in an area that wont get you thrashed.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:48 PM

looks good man...i'm new(about 4 mo's) on my 1000rr and still a little timid to take it up one but i did it accidentally racing a corvette z06 the other day...is it best to try and start bringing it up in 1st or 2nd gear?

Old 05-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet dude.....just take the advice already stated, gear up! you want to keep that skin on your body dont you?

Old 05-04-2006, 08:45 PM

Yeah guys i know i need to wear a jacket but this 100 degree weather is killing me i usually only ride at night now but i took it out to get some pics. I guess i will have to pay the price if i do go down.

andyjenks- I wouldnt even feel comfortable telling you how to do one on a 1000 as i have never wheelied one and if you did it the way i do on my 600 you would be on you ***. Just get used to bringing it up if you can do it in first i found it easier to learn. Less pain if you wreck, no tank slappers, and alot easier to get up. Just take your time and get higher and higher day by day until you fell comfortable to hit the limits

Old 05-05-2006, 03:15 AM

yea get some good gear. yea it sucks when its warm, but its better to have all that **** on anyways. my buddy actually just totalled his r6 the other day when i was out riding with him. He was riding like a dumbass, but the fact of the matter is, if your gonna do stunts, then u have to expect a crash at least once. so get the gear, and when it happens, you'll be ready.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:15 AM

Looks Good!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: brancart1

yea get some good gear. yea it sucks when its warm, but its better to have all that **** on anyways. my buddy actually just totalled his r6 the other day when i was out riding with him. He was riding like a dumbass, but the fact of the matter is, if your gonna do stunts, then u have to expect a crash at least once. so get the gear, and when it happens, you'll be ready.
Yeah i hear you man, i do expect to go down one day. I dont ride like a jackass though i only do them on long smooth streets that no one is on and i usually only ride at night with gear on well leather jacket gloves and helmet. I live on the outskirts of town so right now we have a couple different streets to go to. Over the next month im going to get seat standers down but first its time to learn brake control

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally found the balance point