Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

favoritism?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default favoritism?

Caduta rossi - YouTube

looked like they didnt care too much about stoner

Old 12-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

that's pretty old...

it was definitely favoritism.

it was so bad, that it'd be almost fair if they let rossi be and helped stoner considering stoner did nothing wrong, and rossi was pushing WAY too hard.

but it led to one of the greatest comments stoner ever made

rossi: sorry, i make mistake

stoner: (dead looking rossi straight in the eye) obviously, your ambitions outweighed your talent.\

edit: and he did the same thing again at phillip island.

to his defense though - that duc has NO front end feel as to a warning of when it's going to give out. every duc rider (even casey) has said that. you'll be pushing along thinking you're fine and then it'll just wash out on you.

Last edited by Conrice; 12-10-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
that's pretty old...

it was definitely favoritism.

it was so bad, that it'd be almost fair if they let rossi be and helped stoner considering stoner did nothing wrong, and rossi was pushing WAY too hard.

but it led to one of the greatest comments stoner ever made

rossi: sorry, i make mistake

stoner: (dead looking rossi straight in the eye) obviously, your ambitions outweighed your talent.\

edit: and he did the same thing again at phillip island.

to his defense though - that duc has NO front end feel as to a warning of when it's going to give out. every duc rider (even casey) has said that. you'll be pushing along thinking you're fine and then it'll just wash out on you.
haha that was an own comment, and ye i heard about when stoner went down on the ducat and blamed it on the front end

Old 12-11-2011, 09:35 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

there was so many guys, that it was way to many for just one guy

Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
there was so many guys, that it was way to many for just one guy
ya....

but you also have to remember that most of those guys are volunteers - and their heroes are racing - if you had a chance to touch vale and his bike ON the racetrack.... and get to tell your kids/grandkids (and anyone else whoever asked you about a motorcycle) that you got to help get rossi back onto the track - i start to understand why they all ran to rossi

casey is definitely a good racer - obviously the best this year.... but rossi is a legend. i can't say what i would have done because i'm not exactly a rossi "fan".

but if it had been a similar situation with - lets say nicky hayden - and it was his fault like it was rossi's... i don't care, id be running to help him up... even if he did take someone out. and i can understand why those guys all flocked to rossi.