Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

F2 to F4i conversion PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: F2 to F4i conversion PICS!

Bike looks GREAT Aaron... I love it!! Glad to hear the gauges are working properly! It's charging OK and everything with our homemade harness?? LOL Speedohealer isn't hard to program, just use the online calculator thingy. Have you been able to find a radar gun or something to use to find your actual speed yet?

Excellent work!! Can't wait to see it in person!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  2FB001A5A49046CD9475F1155A8E4EDF.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  63.2 KB Name:  C2407D4BDAE54F1B959C2C1A9FE37109.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  E3F0B50822544D978F66CD29D95B7EEE.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  60.2 KB Name:  B760A4A3B2A245F3BFEE1075C8C806B8.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  40.4 KB

And this one, although, I'm not really sure how it fits in but . Hey what ever your into man

Name:  Riding_Dirty.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  38.9 KB

Old 09-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Bike looks GREAT Aaron... I love it!! Glad to hear the gauges are working properly! It's charging OK and everything with our homemade harness?? LOL Speedohealer isn't hard to program, just use the online calculator thingy. Have you been able to find a radar gun or something to use to find your actual speed yet?

Those roadside trailers they set up are great for 'testing'

Old 09-18-2007, 11:23 PM

J/K Sorry man I couldn't resist. Good job, the bike looks great!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: EPNF4i

J/K Sorry man I couldn't resist. Good job, the bike looks great!
sicko lol

Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Well, my neighbor is a sheriff deputy so I thought about asking him to radar me... but I'll probably get my wife in the car out on the interstate and use cruise control in the car and match different speeds to see what readings I get. I know it will only be as accurate as the speedo in the car, but right now it's the best/easiest option. I also thought about buying a GPS, using it for a few hours, and then returning it to the store for a refund. I'll have to check on my local Wally World's return policy before I drop $300 I might not be able to get back...
I haven't checked the charging yet because I've only ridden it about 2 minutes since I finished, but it cranks fine and runs great. I'll post more about the charging when I get to ride where I can get the revs up.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:01 AM

the rims are f2,,,i cant tell its an F2..its looksjust like F4i

Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Nice job. Looks good. How much stay fabbing did you have to do? and how hard was it switching from analog to digital gauges?
I didn't do a lot of fabbing at all... I paid someone to do it. By "stay" fabbing do you mean for the front fairing stay? Actually, that was the easiest fab of the whole thing. He split the stay where it mounts to the frame, spread the stay to mount over the existing mounting bracket (kinda like a sock), then drilled a new hole so both mounting bolts would go through.
The gauges wasn't too hard. I did a lot of research on the F3 to F4i conversion before I started. I already had a Clymer manual for the F2, and I went out and bought the Clymer manual for the F4i. It was just a matter of matching up which color wire carried the same function on the F4i gauges. To get the temp gauge to work, I used the thermo sensor from a '98 (I think... I have the exact part # around somewhere) 900rr. It is a direct bolt-in to the F2 thermo sensor port. <---- hard to get to though.
To get the speedo to work, I used the speed sensor from a '95 900rr. I swapped out the front sprocket cover too with 900rr. Slap in a SpeedoHealer and it works.
The only "bad" part is with the headlights. The winker is in effect for the low beams, but the low beam goes off when I turn on the high beams. It probably could be made to work like it should, but Jared and I were tired of working on it. All in all, it took me about 3 days to do all the wiring work. If I had to do it again from scratch, I could probably do it in one day. (if I didn't have to keep running back to the parts store because I forgot something)

Old 09-19-2007, 01:19 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

I'm diggin' the Michelins!

Looks good. Did you get a deal on the bodywork/parts or what?
I've been buying the parts piece by piece since the beginning of spring (eBay). The guy that did the welding was referred to me by a local bike shop. He also did the paint and graphics, which he did for free (but I had to buy the supplies) because he had never painted plastic before and wanted to practice. There are a few flaws in the paint, but nothing you would notice from more than 5 feet away.
It's definitely not show-quality paint, but looks a million times better than the cracked out original F2 plastic!

Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Nice job. Looks good. How much stay fabbing did you have to do? and how hard was it switching from analog to digital gauges?
I didn't do a lot of fabbing at all... I paid someone to do it. By "stay" fabbing do you mean for the front fairing stay? Actually, that was the easiest fab of the whole thing. He split the stay where it mounts to the frame, spread the stay to mount over the existing mounting bracket (kinda like a sock), then drilled a new hole so both mounting bolts would go through.
The gauges wasn't too hard. I did a lot of research on the F3 to F4i conversion before I started. I already had a Clymer manual for the F2, and I went out and bought the Clymer manual for the F4i. It was just a matter of matching up which color wire carried the same function on the F4i gauges. To get the temp gauge to work, I used the thermo sensor from a '98 (I think... I have the exact part # around somewhere) 900rr. It is a direct bolt-in to the F2 thermo sensor port. <---- hard to get to though.
To get the speedo to work, I used the speed sensor from a '95 900rr. I swapped out the front sprocket cover too with 900rr. Slap in a SpeedoHealer and it works.
The only "bad" part is with the headlights. The winker is in effect for the low beams, but the low beam goes off when I turn on the high beams. It probably could be made to work like it should, but Jared and I were tired of working on it. All in all, it took me about 3 days to do all the wiring work. If I had to do it again from scratch, I could probably do it in one day. (if I didn't have to keep running back to the parts store because I forgot something)
Thanks! Once I get a new bike I want to turn the ol cane into a track bike, but with a newer race rr upper and gauges to match the rr tail. Once again, looks badass, good job!