Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Ever needed a good spot for a proposal?

Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM

I thought it was kinda cool and very original and even well conducted, even though it had the potential to be disastrous. As my boss put it, "There are probably a few better places to get down on one knee than the middle of an interstate".

Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM

They are considering filing charges on the couple and anyone else that can be identified. The couple is cooperating with law enforcement...

People are pretty pissed off about it. It totally screwed the freeway and did cause accidents.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM

Did it? That's unfortunate. I hope law enforcement in CA doesn't do what they did in Ohio or wherever after that mess where they shut down the highway for the memorial. I hear that after that incident, cops pull you over if you look at 'em funny while on a bike.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM

I'm sure they will. They want to identify as many people as they can and pass out tickets. Stopping there committed a few felonies. A motorhome belonging to a band did a similar stunt not too long ago. They're in jail now...

I'll keep you guys posted as things develop.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 PM

Maybe when they to trial they can ask the judge to perform their nuptials?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
did cause accidents.
and that's what i thought the first time i watched it. "man, i bet a 1/2 miles back that caught some people out and caused a wreck"

Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
I'm sure they will. They want to identify as many people as they can and pass out tickets. Stopping there committed a few felonies. A motorhome belonging to a band did a similar stunt not too long ago. They're in jail now...

I'll keep you guys posted as things develop.
but i will say this.... it's too easy to commit a felony these days.... and that is bull****. while i'm not saying they should get a slap on the wrist and not get in trouble (because they should) - to make that a felony is stupid.... a felony used to mean something...

Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
but i will say this.... it's too easy to commit a felony these days.... and that is bull****. while i'm not saying they should get a slap on the wrist and not get in trouble (because they should) - to make that a felony is stupid.... a felony used to mean something...
Agreed. Apparently impeding traffic is a felony here.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM

Charging them with a felony is a bargaining chip / scare tactic. The idea is to hit them with something very heavy hoping they crack under the pressure and roll over on others. Which if they're cooperating with the police is working as intended.

Gives the cops something to offer for the cooperation. "Help us out and we can get the D.A. to accept a misdemeanor and y'all can go on with your lives". A good lawyer, one that will cost good money, would most likely be able to win against the felony charge in court. So the intent is to only let it get to court witth an accepted plea and a lot of extra co-conspirators

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ever needed a good spot for a proposal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.