Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

cleanest bike i have ever seen

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cleanest bike i have ever seen

I wash my bike after every oil change whether it needs it or not.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I wash my bike after every oil change whether it needs it or not.
Do you wash it in between oil changes as well? or is that it?

Old 02-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Banned

Do you wash it in between oil changes as well? or is that it?
That's it. Maybe if I get stuck in a slew of love bugs, I will hondashine it but usually that is it. There is starting to be some corrosion on a bunch of the bolts and stuff already (garage kept, but near the beach) but I am going to ride the bitch until it rots away or blows up so sooner or later it will be a moot point.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:40 AM

I try to keep mine pretty clean. I've washed and polished/waxed it about 2-3 times since December, which isn't easy in the winter! In the summers I try to keep her clean most all the time... though I don't always go crazy to get into the "hard to reach" places every time. Cleaning the wheels is what I dislike the most. Especially the back one that gets all the caked on chain lube (the little "spray" that always seems to come off no matter how light I lubricate the chain).

The bike always seems dirty though... that's what I get for riding rain, snow, or shine!

Old 02-27-2008, 04:13 PM

lil more info for you.... i live in the bay area about 25 mins away from this shop, i know the 3 main guys that work there well, that shop is in pleasanton ca. the bike was stock i think, had a small crash, the owner dropped like 10gs, got all the work done through that shop and when i arrived that day, my buddy was scrubbin the rims with all purpose cleaner and told me "he paid us too much money to have her dusty when he gets here so im going to make that **** shine" haha anyway i love the phantom of the opera look aswell, i am going to do that when i get ahold of some race fairings for it, im going to make my bikes track setup look very similar.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:28 PM

i want those rims for my 07 white 600rr

Old 02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

lil more info for you.... i live in the bay area about 25 mins away from this shop, i know the 3 main guys that work there well, that shop is in pleasanton ca. the bike was stock i think, had a small crash, the owner dropped like 10gs, got all the work done through that shop and when i arrived that day, my buddy was scrubbin the rims with all purpose cleaner and told me "he paid us too much money to have her dusty when he gets here so im going to make that **** shine" haha anyway i love the phantom of the opera look aswell, i am going to do that when i get ahold of some race fairings for it, im going to make my bikes track setup look very similar.
Let's hope he doesn't have another 'small crash' or he may need another 10Gs.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:28 PM

those are PVM rims, very nice, but too nice for me, about 1400 for a set, rrasco, the only reason it was 10 gs, but all those aftermarket plus new paint plus labor 10gs

Old 02-27-2008, 10:07 PM

how hard do you think it is to keep those white rims looking like that ????
nice very nice bike

Old 03-02-2008, 02:28 PM

id worry about dirty white rims... beautful bike. i too like the phantom of the opera look. he plan on racing it, or just likes to have empty number plates?

Quick Reply: cleanest bike i have ever seen