Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

cbr form-- scam--

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cbr form-- scam--

He means that their forum id starts with a number. Like mine starts with a "F". The two people that said they received it: 500hpsi and 2003cbr600rr. Meaning this scumbag who sent it just looked at the member list and hit the first ones he/she saw. Maybe "Marry Kone" will trip and break her face open on her late "father's" headstone. Sorry that may have been a little harsh, but it's late. Apologies

Old 01-31-2007, 04:14 AM

yeah they use craigslist and ebay ALOT. i put my snowmobiles on there and i got 36 of those emails in 3 days. its BS!!! and really annoying!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:37 PM

Exactly. There are four of you now. Each of your s/n start with a number, 1, 5, 4, 2. I think what they did what registered, hit the first few on the list and left. Thats my reasoning about it. I liet Don know so hopefully he can block it

Old 01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Retired Admin

Sorry about that guy's.....Thanks for the heads up. They signed up for the site yesterday so I am sure they got the names and bolted but I have banned the user. If you get another one like this PM me or Don and we will take care of it.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:55 PM

I got the same thing yesterday too.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: 04dublr

I got the same thing yesterday too.
Another one with a # as the first character in their sign in.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:01 AM

yeah shes got 0 postand her sig says looking for love .. lol wtf

Old 02-01-2007, 02:05 AM

well i dont have any numbers at the beginning and this is what i got today in the mail little bit diff ....

Dear Friend,

Warm Greetings!
Kindly forgive my indignation if this message comes to you as a surprise and may offend your personality for contacting you without your prior consent and writing through this channel. I got your contact from a proffesional database found in internet while searching for a reliable and honest person that will be an annointed steward in a vision very dear to me and I may have to trouble your sense of personal achievement and a reward for an opportunity properly taken advantage of.
I am Mr.Brian Murray,a representative and attorney to Kenneth Lay, the former chairman & CEO, Enron Corp. Industry: Energy & Natural Resources Home, who was in detention and facing trial on charges of corruption and embezzlement of investors/public funds while in office.He was convicted of all ten counts of fraudulent allegations on Thursday the 25th of May 2006 and he was to spend the rest of his life in jail but he suddenly died of a heart attack while awaiting his sentence in October ( May his soul rest in peace with the Almighty).Refer to the following website for details.
(http://edition.cnn.com/2006/BUSINESS/07/05/enron.lay/index.html).
He deposited Thirteen million united states dollars ($13,000,000.00) with me when he was in power as the chairman and I deposited the money in a Finance house/Bank under a different name according to his instructions. I have no doubt that this money was part of the embezzled funds which I had no intention of turning over to him or any authority since the money can be put to a better use. I am the only person who is aware of the existence of this money and I am based in the United Kingdom.

I am contacting you because I want you to deal with the Finance house and claim the money on my behalf since I have declared that the Funds belong to my foreign business partner.I hope to trust you as a God fearing person who will not sit on this money when you claim it but rather assist me properly to disburse the money in this ratio: 30% to me and 20% to you while 45% will be donated through reputable charity organizations such as the Red Cross to assist victims of natural disasters around the world and the remaining 5% will be used to reimburse any incidental cost incurred during the transaction. When I receive your positive response, I will give you viable information relating to this project i.e. the Finance institution/Bank where the money was deposited and the required documentation that will enable you lay claims to the funds, which is very important. What I need is for you to indicate your interest that you will assist us by receiving the money as the legal beneficiary and to keep this matter strictly confidential between us alone.

Once I have your approval to co-operate with me,I will immediately proceed to secure the necessary legal documentation/Transfer of ownership of the money in your name and then forward an application for claims on your behalf.The Finance institution will contact you directly for Release of the funds to your nominated account when approval for the application is granted. As soon as payment is effected, and the amount mentioned above is successfully transferred into your account,I will come over to meet you in your country within 48hours for subsequent disbursement and investment of the funds.
I intend to use my own share of 25% in acquiring some commercial properties in your country and I will need your assistance to acquire the properties for a fee that we shall agree upon if you so desire.I will also need your assistance for donating the 50% to charities as mentioned above. I guarantee you that this transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Please ge

Old 02-01-2007, 08:26 AM

These kind of scams are becoming more and more common, why, because people are falling for them. They are mostly originating from Africa specifically Nigeria. It can get very advanced as far as how much someone can get involved in it, I have even heard that they will go as far as flying you to Africa to make the entire thing look legit with the end goal of taking your money. I heard on the radio coming home from work this morning that some treasurer in a government position was a recent vicitmof this, so it is a threat that we all need to be aware of. We are living in crazy times and the effort people are goingto to get rich at others expenses via the internet and media in generalis more than ever.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't reply to her...she's actually a man!

Quick Reply: cbr form-- scam--