Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Buell gets owned on the straight

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buell gets owned on the straight

Its not a honda doing it but he gets passed like he aint even there. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...B6F2CD592A.htm

Old 10-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Default RE: Buell gets owned on the straight

wonder what would happen if a crow flew infrount of a bike doing 150mph

Old 10-07-2006, 03:29 AM

ORIGINAL: shoeman

wonder what would happen if a crow flew infrount of a bike doing 150mph
Lots of feathers

Old 10-07-2006, 05:24 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 years ago I was coming home from work in the early morning on a Busa and as I approached my exit I stretched it's legs a wee bit. Next thing I know I hear a tremendous boom. My right hand is torn from the throttle. From my right shoulder I see a spray of blood and it hurt like hell. I was wearing an AGV armored jacket. I thought I'd been shot. Was only 4 miles from my house and about 10 to the hospital so I decided to bust it on to my house. Every once in a while I'd look down and see bits of stuff and blood running down my jacket sleeve. I felt lucky that I could still grip the throttle although it hurt like hell. Once I got home I couldn't believe I'd made it.

I hadn't been shot -- I hit a bird. Left a huge bruise and welt on my shoulder. Can't even imagine what it would have done to me if I hadn't been wearing the gear. And I wasn't kidding when I said I thought I got shot. It was unbelievable how much stuff comes out of a bird when hit at speed.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:40 AM

It didn't really seem as though the guy on the Buell was actually racing. It seemed more like the guy on the 636 was just trying to be a hot-shot.

Old 10-07-2006, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

2 years ago I was coming home from work in the early morning on a Busa and as I approached my exit I stretched it's legs a wee bit. Next thing I know I hear a tremendous boom. My right hand is torn from the throttle. From my right shoulder I see a spray of blood and it hurt like hell. I was wearing an AGV armored jacket. I thought I'd been shot. Was only 4 miles from my house and about 10 to the hospital so I decided to bust it on to my house. Every once in a while I'd look down and see bits of stuff and blood running down my jacket sleeve. I felt lucky that I could still grip the throttle although it hurt like hell. Once I got home I couldn't believe I'd made it.

I hadn't been shot -- I hit a bird. Left a huge bruise and welt on my shoulder. Can't even imagine what it would have done to me if I hadn't been wearing the gear. And I wasn't kidding when I said I thought I got shot. It was unbelievable how much stuff comes out of a bird when hit at speed.
That's bizarre and nasty all at the same time!!! [:'(]

Old 10-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I narrowly avaoided the same predicament on the highway last summer. I was doing about 75 coming home from school and as i passed a treee lined area, a bird got spooked and flew up right in front of me. I basically had to duck my head and hang off the side of the bike to avoid it from coming straight into my head. Scared the hell out of me.! If it hit my helmet there is no telling what could of happend at that speed.... might of broke my neck

Craziness

I'm hungry.... Chicken sounds good.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:27 PM

One of my dad's mates got hit by a bird. It's beak pierced his leather jacket and stuck into his shoulder.

I'll take the Muell if you guys don't want it

Old 10-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: e3gordon

... was doing about 75 coming home from school ....

Dude, I said I was stretching the legs on my Busa ... this was before I was a responsible Honda rider. 75mph was less than half the speed that I hit the bird. And I'll tell ya, armor will keep the beak, bones and brains from penetrating the jacket. But it still hurt really bad.

Birds suck.

As far as the video goes ... hmmmm, couldn't tell if the Buell was racing or not. I work with peeps that have owned the big Buells and they'll admit that they get their *** handed to them on the straights. The Buell is decent handling bike and a wheelie monster. And they certainly don't look like anything else on the road

Old 10-08-2006, 12:37 AM

You forgot to tell us to turn the volume down.

Quick Reply: Buell gets owned on the straight