CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   black range rover runs over rider n.y.c (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/black-range-rover-runs-over-rider-n-y-c-149382/)

this guy 09-30-2013 07:00 AM

black range rover runs over rider n.y.c

Saw this on a other forum
"A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride. After running over multiple people at the :50 second mark, he takes off only to run over another person at the 5:00 minute mark. Apparently a rider died due to this drivers complete lack of sensibility and forethought.

There is no excuse for this driver using his vehicle as a deadly weapon. It's a very sad day for the motorcycling community. "

cBrentb 09-30-2013 07:56 AM

is there no one in the crowd with a side arm or some kind on device to disable the vehicle to make em stop the killing?? dang, where is the rest of the vid? i want to see what happened to this person.

Conrice 09-30-2013 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by cBrentb (Post 1252724)
is there no one in the crowd with a side arm or some kind on device to disable the vehicle to make em stop the killing?? dang, where is the rest of the vid? i want to see what happened to this person.

Dude, NYC - think about it. CCW permits are discretionary there - I doubt anyone would normally qualify for one

hawkwind 09-30-2013 09:58 AM

Looks like the riders got the right idea in the end, whatever happened to them, they had it coming!

I'd have liked to dish some out myself :icon_twisted:

74demon 09-30-2013 10:20 AM

Looks to me like the rider that got hit pulled in front of the rover and slowed down. The rover stopped at first, but the angry mob probably wasn't too friendly to him. They way he bolted, twice, leads me to believe he was in fear for his life. They would have beat him to death...

To me, it doesn't look like he hit the guy intentionally. Unfortunate that someone died.

It was stupid for the rider to play chicken with a car and put himself in a very dangerous situation. Car always wins, no matter who is right or wrong.

Sprock 09-30-2013 10:58 AM

hmmm
other news sources do not indicate a fatality tho !

Seems it was a Guy in his 30's with wife and 5yr old with him - who panicked

either way - this will be interesting to see how it all gets settled

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reet-ride.html

"A" 09-30-2013 12:33 PM

This is a great example why I don't ride with large groups.
In fact I avoid crowds as much as possible, I hate mob mentalities and the stupidity they provoke.

Conrice 09-30-2013 12:50 PM

Well, after some research - I've changed my mind. The guy on the white gixxer that got hit did pull over - but, he started wailing on the car, slashing tires (**meaning he had a weapon**), and trying to break in instead of acting calmly like it vaguely looked like in the video. You can't fault the driver for trying to get away - especially with a 2 year old in the backseat. And the second time he gets stopped, a rider tried to break into the car again - you can't fault him for that either.

If the gixxer guy wouldn't have overreacted - this wouldn't have happened it appears. If he was calm, and the driver overreacted, I'd be all for going after the driver like I was initially. But the circumstances certainly change that.

Conrice 09-30-2013 12:52 PM

And the police have said no one died - just a FYI

Video Shows Motorcyclists Pull Driver from Car in NYC, Beat Him - ABC News

Sprock 09-30-2013 02:27 PM

Yeah most all the news outlets have it now Con and it ain't painting
such a rosy picture of the biker groups actions either

15 bikers arrested , 55 bikes seized

Fox

& of course

The Anti-Fox :D

Anyhow

Since the info contained in the OP's first post seems to have subsequently
turned out to be questionable.

Time to lock this up - the comments sections on all the major media outlets
give you an idea where the general discussion with respect to this mess is headed