Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Bike cuts deer in half

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bike cuts deer in half

Nah, it's real, although at first I though the dear looked to fake, but it seems like the dear just stayed intact and was thrown to the side of the road. The key is that the film says no dear were harmed during the 'editting' of this film. Meaning they didn't kill any additional dear after the first one, haha. Good thing it was a smaller dear, I still can't believe how composed he was right after hitting it.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:20 PM

They said "During the editing of this film" because normally they say, "During the making" and because he hit the deer, that wouldnt be true. And yes I agree, the deer did not get cut in half. He hits it at the lower part of its kneck and I waited to see if atleast the head was cut off but you can see it still intact with the body. It was just a bunch of broken fairings flying all over the road. You can see a full Left side fairing on the ground if you watch for it at the left.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM

I think the deer was plastic.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

The deer was plastic.

What??? How do you get that?
You can plain as day see the deer RUNNING across the street.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

The deer was plastic.

What??? How do you get that?

The video is not clear and people who usually hit deer don't end up driving his/her bike afterwards. The deer didn't even move or go into shock from the hit. Not even one movement from the animal....DEER can demolish cars for heavens sakes! The front of the bike shatters and the driver is able to drive off?... Maybe this was just a freak occurrence where that did happen, but it's not credible in my opinion.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen another video of a bike (I think an FJR) hitting a deer and also staying upright.

It is possible - the bike wants to stay upright... he kept the same line through the whole thing. It sure would wobble but I think it is possible. If you think about it the weight that hit the bike is alot like the weight of the bike landing on the front end when you land a wheelie hard. It's the crash afterwards that often wrecks the bike...

Old 08-02-2006, 02:11 PM

I don't know....but if that is the case, that kid sure did get lucky.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:16 PM

I have seen another one also that was a Katana and the bike stayed up right and the guy was doin 70. If the deer doesnt hit you in a way to turn the wheel or knock you sideways than if your strong enough, you will stay up. The deer is running. Look at the slowmo in the second video, you can see it running. When a deer gets hit, causing it to spin, it does freeze up and Im sure it knocked it out as well. I live in Illinois and we have a sh*tload of deer around here. How many deer do you have in New Jersey?

Old 08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Retired Admin

It looks legit to me....but I completely understand where Pits is coming from. You would think that would take you out completely!! Probably the only reason he is smiling when picking up the pieces, because he didnt go down!! lol [8D]

Old 08-02-2006, 08:36 PM

DThompson:

You did see a Katana video. More than likely mine. It was all over on Katriders then I think a few members posted links elsewhere. I put it on putfile and I will find it on disk and post it here. It was my 97 600 Kat. That is the very reason I have my new (To me) CBR. I hit the deer at 72 mph on interstate 77 at mineral wells in WV.

Quick Reply: Bike cuts deer in half